GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire Detected, Cylinder Disabling

rejectri

Ready to race!
Hi all, this one is not going to be a good post but I am hoping somebody could lead me into the right direction to fault trace.

Last night on the highway I did a quick pull to pass some traffic and felt a hesitation/ sputter.

EPC light came on and the car literally shook when trying to drive after the EPC light came on.

I made it off the highway, pulled into a parking lot- turned off the car, restarted and the EPC light was gone. Car seemed fine, but now I can not "rapidly" accelerate without feeling the clunk/ hesitation/ sputter.

I pulled the codes in Vagcom and I have:

15074- Cylinder Disabling
P130A 00 (096)

15128- Cylinder 2
P0302 00 (100) Misfie Detected

I was going to pull the spark plugs this weekend because anytime there is a misfire you would want to check spark..... right? But the weird thing is I am getting great mpg 28.8, and I did not have this issue until last night.

Any insights on what the cause is? Did the timing chain jump or something?

I have 66K on the car. Replaced oem plugs @ 40K with the RS7 plugs

Problem occured when running stage 1 eurodyne. Reflashed to stock, have same issue

Last edited:

rejectri

Ready to race!
Well bad news and good news.

I have been driving the car very lightly since flashing back to stock and scanned it before doing anything. No CEL, no DTCs- 29.2 MPG.

I swapped the coils today as instructed and drove the car "hard" to replicate the issue.

This time after driving hard, I turned on the car to a CEL.

VAG now displays
15384- Cam Adjustment Actuator A; Cylinder 4
P11AD 00 (175) Elec. malf. or open circuit

No misfire codes or anything.....

Last edited:

rejectri

Ready to race!

Just not my day, hood latch release broke. Now the cable is just all floppy and I can’t poop the hood