GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire after Unitronic Stage 2 IS20

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Well that explains the high wg. You're very far off from torque set point. Do you possibly have a boost leak?

Ambient temp vs IAT?

Last edited:

jeffdemara

Ready to race!
@ZuMBLe
Boost target and actual are basically the same. And the only place I’m thinking I could even possibly have a boost leak is the used Unitronic intercooler I put in a while back (is that even possible?!) But didnt have this EPC issue on the regular stage 2 file before i swapped in an is20...

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
@ZuMBLe
Boost target and actual are basically the same. And the only place I’m thinking I could even possibly have a boost leak is the used Unitronic intercooler I put in a while back (is that even possible?!) But didnt have this EPC issue on the regular stage 2 file before i swapped in an is20...

Looks like 20 psi vs wanting 22 psi. Either way, missing boost target for a IS20 at 4200 RPM is weird when the wastegate is closed like that.

1.5 Lambda at WOT at 20 PSI at 4200 is alarming also.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I’m about ready to swap my is12 back in and flash back to regular stage 2. Have no idea what is going on anymore.

You may have something mechanically wrong. When my wastegate was closed like that at 4000 + rpm on a IS20, it would hit 26-27 PSI easy.

jeffdemara

Ready to race!
You may have something mechanically wrong. When my wastegate was closed like that at 4000 + rpm on a IS20, it would hit 26-27 PSI easy.
Does it matter that 4000rpm you’re talking about is right after it shifts into 4th from 3rd? I shifted into 4th gear between 5000-5500 rpm, and of course going into the next gear, the rpm drops and I’m assuming the car tries to maintain some level of boost.

I have zero issues building and maintaining boost at any rpm during a pull. I frequently see 22-23 psi on this tune. The car runs fantastic throughout the rev range while in boost.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I just swapped to new OEM plugs gapped to .024”.
Stock gap is .7-.8mm or .027-.031 on the 1.8T:
1614893878446.png

jeffdemara

Ready to race!
what does everyone make of this?

This is one of my new plugs after a few hundred kms.

currently running E20

Attachments

• 05FE4E34-AA0A-4CB7-A0E9-5AB17DC3B4A7.jpeg
    05FE4E34-AA0A-4CB7-A0E9-5AB17DC3B4A7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Does it matter that 4000rpm you’re talking about is right after it shifts into 4th from 3rd? I shifted into 4th gear between 5000-5500 rpm, and of course going into the next gear, the rpm drops and I’m assuming the car tries to maintain some level of boost.

I have zero issues building and maintaining boost at any rpm during a pull. I frequently see 22-23 psi on this tune. The car runs fantastic throughout the rev range while in boost.
Can't comment on that. I thought the DSG cars keep their throttle plates open while the pedal is down so there isn't a respool scenario in a dsg car. My car is manual so some of this DSG related stuff is over my head.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can't comment on that. I thought the DSG cars keep their throttle plates open while the pedal is down so there isn't a respool scenario in a dsg car. My car is manual so some of this DSG related stuff is over my head.
The DSG does keep the throttle plate open. It shifts so fast it doesn't have time to close and open.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I do not have DSG.

My car is a 2017 1.8T with the regular 6 speed auto “slushbox”.
Oh, the slushbox would be even less likely the close the throttle. I don't think the shift would change WG duty if you didn't take your foot off the gas during the shift.