GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Sport Valved Cat-Back Exhaust System - Non-Resonated

wilsonj

Ready to race!
Apologies as I have trouble finding any past posts about this topic....

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have this system themselves?

Thank you!

wilsonj

Ready to race!
we've installed a bunch of these. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Do you generally receive good feedback about them?

I am just having trouble finding any reviews - it does not seem as popular as AWE or other systems.

Sound comparison - is it a louder system or softer?

Any issues with install or durability?

Anything would be helpful.

RoaR

I bought this the exact setup from Black Friday and had it installed recently. I also have APR downpipe with it. I decided against AWE immediately because you need to have an extra remote to control the valve whereas Milltek uses the same design as the OEM. From all the videos I have viewed, Milltek gives more of an exotic note while AWE was just more generic to me.

Installation wise, if you have a downpipe, make sure to get the connecting pipe. I learned it the hard way as it came 7 inches short from the APR downpipe to the Milltek.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I bought this the exact setup from Black Friday and had it installed recently. I also have APR downpipe with it. I decided against AWE immediately because you need to have an extra remote to control the valve whereas Milltek uses the same design as the OEM. From all the videos I have viewed, Milltek gives more of an exotic note while AWE was just more generic to me.

Installation wise, if you have a downpipe, make sure to get the connecting pipe. I learned it the hard way as it came 7 inches short from the APR downpipe to the Milltek.

You don't need the extra remote from AWE. They use the stock connectors with their switchpath exhaust and the valves operate however the stock ECU does. What the additional AWE Remote does is give you the ability to close and open them when you want which overrides what the stock ECU does.