GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Downpipe impressions

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Recenty installed the Cast and 200 cell catted Milltek downpipe and thought I should share my first impressions.

First I just want to say that removing the stock downpipe on ramps and jackstands with performance pack and without removing any heatshields or dogbone to get more access is doable but literal hell on earth 🤬 still have scars and bruises.

The fitment of the Milltek is spot on and even though it has a huge cat in the stock placement it slid right in, little bit tricky to get the mounting tabs lined up right.

The cold start is a bit louder but not to much and warm idle is like stock, getting on it there is a notable difference but not to loud nor any drone when cruising.

I am on a EQT E-blend tune on my 3rd revision and pretty happy with the GTI right now. 😁

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That is an HJS cat, isn't it?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
That is an HJS cat, isn't it?
No it is the cheaper race cat version, it is very similar to the non Euro6 EC certified HJS cat so not guaranted cel free but should pass inspection here in Sweden and does usually not set of a cel. Also got it with a decent discount for about 700 bucks with shipping and taxes compared to almost 1000 for regular HJS catted and 1700 for the EC version.

https://www.millteksport.com/stainl...h-race-cat-for-milltek-cat-back-ssxvw388.html

scuffed_mk7

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
No it is the cheaper race cat version, it is very similar to the non Euro6 EC certified HJS cat so not guaranted cel free but should pass inspection here in Sweden and does usually not set of a cel. Also got it with a decent discount for about 700 bucks with shipping and taxes compared to almost 1000 for regular HJS catted and 1700 for the EC version.

https://www.millteksport.com/stainl...h-race-cat-for-milltek-cat-back-ssxvw388.html
Why is the HJS cat one so much more or better? Does it sound different or do anything since they're practically identical? Thanks

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why is the HJS cat one so much more or better? Does it sound different or do anything since they're practically identical? Thanks

Better at reducing emissions. It's just a better high quality cat.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
The regular HJS cat is the best of performance vs effectiveness, the Milltek cat still passed the sniffer with E50 but not O2 OBD2 readiness but that is fine in Sweden as long as there is no CEL active.

I run it with a 3" Scorpion CB and it is pretty dang loud when you get on it.

The Euro 6 EC certified is completely legal for EU cars.