GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Catted DP

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Anyone using this DP and can provide any input re: sound, drone, and if it throws a CEL (or needs a spacer) for emissions purposes?

Interested because even the non CE-approved high flow (non-race cat) version uses a 200cpsi HJS cat, is cheaper than AWE, has minimal logos and looks fairly stock. They’re also on sale right now.

Otherwise IE looks pretty good with a reliable spacer solution. Thanks

nekky

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an earlier non-cast version with an HJS cat, and the drone is non-existent. My system is full Milltek turboback, including resonated centre section and valved muffler.

Sound is very quiet but sporty - too quiet for most of the racers on here. Definitely flies under the radar.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I actually am looking for exactly that, a fairly quiet sounding exhaust.

Did you ever run it without a Stage 2 tune i.e. did you get CEL’s with the stock position HJS cat?

nekky

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. I actually am looking for exactly that, a fairly quiet sounding exhaust.

Did you ever run it without a Stage 2 tune i.e. did you get CEL’s with the stock position HJS cat?

That is one thing I can't help with bud, sorry! Stg2 Eurodyne when the cat was installed and wasn't on long enough prior to flashing to know whether the CEL would have popped on. Stg3 now on a DBV2 V1 TBB and still sounds great. Tempted to increase the sound via the Road+ centre section as it really is pretty quiet.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Np, appreciate your input! Seems like a quality option and one would think the HJS cat and O2 sensor in stock position would be CEL free, similar to the AWE offering...

nekky

Passed Driver's Ed
Np, appreciate your input! Seems like a quality option and one would think the HJS cat and O2 sensor in stock position would be CEL free, similar to the AWE offering...

Hmm maybe yes - I believe the one on my car is SSXAU423, which is the EC-approved version (non-cast) with HJS cat. I will confirm the part number today and only post if it is different. Still can't guarantee no CEL though, sorry!
https://www.millteksport.com/large-bore-downpipe-with-hi-flow-sports-catalyst-for-milltek-cat-back-ssxau423.html

You should just tune it anyway :)

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Oh, I’m definitely getting tuned. But ideally I’d like to leave the DP on to pass emissions testing in CA (in 8 years).

I was looking at part#: SSXVW349, the non-EC approved HJS 200cell catted version. Who knows if the cat will be any good in 8 years, but if I can get the performance out of it for that long with a hybrid turbo upgrade, pass OBD testing (with a spacer if needed to attain readiness), and pay significantly less than the AWE version, that’s a win in my book.

Looks close to stock (no glaring logos) for the visual inspection, cast construction, HJS cat and sensor bung in stock locations...I think it’s a winner.

A guy on Vortex has this one and has been CEL free in his R for 5k miles already with a JB4.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I got my IE pipe installed with the factory axleback. The sound is virtually unchanged. Used a straight spacer and no CEL so far. I know you want the Miltek, but I just wanted to report a catted DP with a stock location cat + factory mufflers is very quiet.

Thanks! Oh, I’m definitely getting tuned. But ideally I’d like to leave the DP on to pass emissions testing in CA (in 8 years).

I was looking at part#: SSXVW349, the non-EC approved HJS 200cell catted version. Who knows if the cat will be any good in 8 years, but if I can get the performance out of it for that long with a hybrid turbo upgrade, pass OBD testing (with a spacer if needed to attain readiness), and pay significantly less than the AWE version, that’s a win in my book.

Looks close to stock (no glaring logos) for the visual inspection, cast construction, HJS cat and sensor bung in stock locations...I think it’s a winner.

A guy on Vortex has this one and has been CEL free in his R for 5k miles already with a JB4.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
That’s great to hear, I’m not looking for any real difference in sound compared with the stock exhaust setup. The IE DP sounds like a really high quality piece, I’m just getting a comparably solid deal on the Milltek.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Anyone using this DP and can provide any input re: sound, drone, and if it throws a CEL (or needs a spacer) for emissions purposes?

Interested because even the non CE-approved high flow (non-race cat) version uses a 200cpsi HJS cat, is cheaper than AWE, has minimal logos and looks fairly stock. They’re also on sale right now.

Otherwise IE looks pretty good with a reliable spacer solution. Thanks
I'm running the Miltek ceramic coated downpipe and HJS cat on my caR. Ran it on the stock tune for a good month or so. No check engine light at all. I did have the EPC light pop up for a overboost condition. But that was expected considering that the new downpipe flows MUCH better than the stock downpipe :D

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
Sound is awesome! Have a full Milltek valved non res TBE with high flow sport cat. The downpipe makes music to my ears. I havent ever heard it untuned since it is recommended with stage 2.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
mine is res version has annonying drone in 1500 to 2500 RPMs

通过我的 CLT-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the input, I currently have their HJS (non-EC) catted cast DP enroute from the UK (great deal from Demon-Tweeks and exchange rate is favorable right now).

No plans for the exhaust other than a DP, trying to avoid any drone and keep it relatively quiet.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Can confirm my Milltek catted DP did throw a CEL on stock ECU tune after about 500 kms.
Depends on what cat you got. I know Milltek has a few options. As noted above I am running the HJS cat and didn't throw a cel in about 1500 miles of driving.

It definitely spools faster then stock. And with a intake it made it a bit faster. That made for a nice shiny EPC light for overboost ?

I tuned to stage 2 shortly after that.