GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mighty mouse.....

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Self driving car you say...... :D

Who needs a Tesla with a babe like that doing the driving for me? I'm going to send this on to my wife and see if she'll buy in. (y)

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Self driving car you say...... :D

::puts on MST3K hat::

Harold's first attempt at a breast measuring device fails, has to go to the manual backup system.....HONK HONK

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If I wanted something that small, it would be a Mini Cooper Coupe.

Heavier and less sporting than the car it was based on. Man I hate those turds. The Rocketman had so much potential, it's sad that they chose to go exactly the opposite direction, but at least they got what they deserved for that and should be dead (again) soon.

I loved the R53, the R56 was still decent, but when I test drove the F56 before buying my first GTI, I was so disappointed on the test drive that I nearly just turned around right after pulling out of the dealer.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
A friend of mine had a MINI Coupe. Every time I got in or out of his car I smashed my head.

MINI is hardly MINI these days. They should change the name to MAXI.

Speaking of the new MINI's I test drove one & hated it. Loved my R53, but the F56 was a no go. I bought my GTI the next week.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The same could be said for basically any small car that's been around for 30+ years. I love my GTI, but I still sorely miss the UX of my old Celica. It really fit me like a glove. But then people were like, "wah, I wanna survive accidents".

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
A friend of mine had a MINI Coupe. Every time I got in or out of his car I smashed my head.

MINI is hardly MINI these days. They should change the name to MAXI.

Speaking of the new MINI's I test drove one & hated it. Loved my R53, but the F56 was a no go. I bought my GTI the next week.

Oh man I hear you. Before getting my gti I test drive a John Cooper works S. Steering was terrible. Suspension could only be described as vague, and the transmission was god awful. Bmw has effectively ruined the mini brand.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
If I wanted something that small, it would be a Mini Cooper Coupe. ...

If Mini's dealer network was more extensive, I'd probably have a Mini on my list of potentials. My two nearest dealers are each 100 miles away and I'm not going to mess with that scene when the inevetable warranty repair or recall takes place. I've read that BMW dealers will handle Mini dealer servings, but have also read that it happens with uncertainty and difficulty, if at all.

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
::puts on MST3K hat::

Harold's first attempt at a breast measuring device fails, has to go to the manual backup system.....HONK HONK

Also, that robot would be handy at Home Depot for carrying plywood sheets home. Too, I can almost hear the guy explaining to the woman, "Careful now. That robot gets aggressive in heavy traffic."

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Saw the new VW Up GTI on TV's Auto Mondial. Not available in North America. 1 Liter turbo, 115 HP and 2050 LBS. Probably not a blast to drive, but a cute li'l car nonetheless.

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I really like the UP GTI. Not sold here as it seems all that sell are giant SUV-CUV things. The people here on this forum seem to be the exception to that.

I've had people explain to me they want a giant SUV because they are safe. LOL After the first snowfall what is seen around here are various combinations of SUV's on their roof & BMW's smashed into curbs. Summer tires in snow & ice, oh man what fun.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I really like the UP GTI. Not sold here as it seems all that sell are giant SUV-CUV things. The people here on this forum seem to be the exception to that. ...

Reminds me of a guy I know who's wife insists on driving a Ford Expedition to handle school carpool duty with their two kids and another. That's right, buy a $55,000 SUV to save money with carpooling.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I really like the UP GTI. Not sold here as it seems all that sell are giant SUV-CUV things. The people here on this forum seem to be the exception to that.

I've had people explain to me they want a giant SUV because they are safe. LOL After the first snowfall what is seen around here are various combinations of SUV's on their roof & BMW's smashed into curbs. Summer tires in snow & ice, oh man what fun.

To hell with the up! I want the polo gti!

and yeah, it’s funny when folks with SUV’s think they can go up the mountains in the winter with them. Only things that get up there are the awd and the 4x4’s. Proper snow tires needed too. Otherwise there’s just no way.

that scene in that meme is all too familiar in Colorado