Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
2,800 lbs, 260 hp/tq with a small turbo, AWD, 100" wheelbase.

This is a dream hoon machine. My GOD, if it doesn't handle and act like a possessed go-kart, Toyota did something horribly wrong. This is a recipe for success. I really wish I could drive this thing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I'm finally all set to buy a 2021 GTI SE 6M this spring and now a Corolla waits in the wings to muddy my waters. :confused:

If you're not planning on tuning to increase power the Corolla would be tempting. But if you are planning on tuning the GTI has far more potential.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I just remembered that I saw a Corolla hatchback at a Dealer in June and was not drawn to its styling. I took several photos, two of which are included below. If Toyota's hot hatch is based on this, I'll proceed with my GTI plans without any second thoughts.

It's a shame that we won't see smaller hot hatches in North America. While Toyota features the Yaris platform with theirs, VW offers the Polo GTI which I think is super cool.

2020-06-21 001 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE - for upload.jpg

2020-06-21 004 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE - for upload.jpg

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
While not as gut retching as the Honda Type R that Crayola really does nothing for me. I guess my current GTI has spoiled me. The GR Mighty Mouse isn't a looker either it's the crazy performance that draws me toward it.

So are you looking at the MK8 or last of the MK7.5's? I could be happy with either one.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
... So are you looking at the MK8 or last of the MK7.5's? I could be happy with either one.

I plan on the last of the MK7.5s. Seems kind of crazy to buy a car that's so much like my wife's 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M, but I've long wanted a GTI and I'm at an age where if I'm going to do it, I need to do it now. She wants me to get a GTI 6M, thinking she'll get my GTI when I move on to something with self-driving capabilities in old age. My wife is younger than I, so it's not a bad notion.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI