GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid throttle whistle after APR intake

blazter

Ready to race!
Hi guys!

I'm hearing a whistle noise after installing the APR intake. It only happens when I'm at low RPMs and give a mid throttle. As boost is building up the whistle come.
On light throttle or WOT, nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing you double-checked all the connections? Sure it's just not the sound of the intake? :p

blazter

Ready to race!
I'm guessing you double-checked all the connections? Sure it's just not the sound of the intake? :p

Yeah, everything is fine and well connected.
It's like some air turbulence is creating it.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
DV partially open? Idk I'm pulling at straws here. Can you get a video of it?

geova05

Passed Driver's Ed
If you went from stock air box to aftermarket intake you will evidently hear more turbo related noise when going into mild/hard throttle. It is totally normal.

These cars are built to minimize noise and the stock air box plays a part in that.

blazter

Ready to race!
I'll try to do a video. But the sound is quite subtle.

TarzanoftheApes

Ready to race!
Hi guys!

I'm hearing a whistle noise after installing the APR intake. It only happens when I'm at low RPMs and give a mid throttle. As boost is building up the whistle come.
On light throttle or WOT, nothing.

I heard this same sound after getting my APR intake. I was worried about it too. Thought it was the "dentist drill" turbo sound that comes before a turbo failure.

Realized it was completely normal. Go on youtube and search for mk7 APR intake. You can hear the exact same sound on their video. :)