GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid Life GTI Journey

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I highly recommend the diesel geek sigma six. Might be my favorite mod So far.
I’ve never upgraded to a short throw shifter or a weighted knob, but these are next-up on my list. Excited to feel the difference (already did ECS bleeder, clutch stop, and return spring delete).

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I pulled the trigger on the Diesel Geek Sigma 6 shifter today. I hadn’t planned on purchasing it so soon but after all the positive feedback I’ve read, Diesel Geeks great diy tutorial videos on their site I couldn’t resist. I ordered at about 1100 cst and they already have it shipped out! That’s awesome customer service. I bought the super pin too since it was free shipping and only $40 more.
Spring delete tonight once the kids are asleep.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I pulled the trigger on the Diesel Geek Sigma 6 shifter today. I hadn’t planned on purchasing it so soon but after all the positive feedback I’ve read, Diesel Geeks great diy tutorial videos on their site I couldn’t resist. I ordered at about 1100 cst and they already have it shipped out! That’s awesome customer service. I bought the super pin too since it was free shipping and only $40 more.
Spring delete tonight once the kids are asleep.
Super pin transformed my shifter. The side-to-side slop seems to vary a LOT from car to car. I was unfortunate and had a lot from the factory. Super pin seriously reduced that and feels much, much tighter.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Installed the Dieselgeek sigma six shift today. Installation was a breeze following Jim’s DIY videos. Side to side was align perfectly following his directions. What a difference this mod made. I have the super pin as well but don’t have the time to install it today. I need to research a few more videos before I tackle the center console.
506B6CD7-18A6-4A07-9713-28254EBFCD55.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Installed the Dieselgeek sigma six shift today. Installation was a breeze following Jim’s DIY videos. Side to side was align perfectly following his directions. What a difference this mod made. I have the super pin as well but don’t have the time to install it today. I need to research a few more videos before I tackle the center console.
View attachment 201744
Why is your stock side to side linkage still there?

The kits comes with new linkages for both forward/back and side/side
BECFF0C6-55CA-4F75-B14B-FB6C2B8BC176.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Why is your stock side to side linkage still there?

The kits comes with new linkages for both forward/back and side/side
View attachment 201787
With the kit I got you reuse the side to side, strip out the bushing, and instal two Delrin bushings he supplied. I just purchased this last Tuesday and I guess it’s their 2021 kit. He states in a video how the side to side selector is under almost no load so that’s why they don’t use the solid linkage. Maybe it was due to customers having trouble adjusting? I installed it and when the side to side linkage snapped in place I didn’t have any adjusting at all to do.
Here’s everything that came with the kit. I ordered the super pin also.
73CF1585-936F-4034-A321-FC8A3376843B.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Cool,

makes sense, cause yes the side to side is a pain to adjust lol- and tough to get the tools needed In place while the battery tray is in the car and next to impossible with the battery in place.

Edit: just looked... they also redesigned the other links screw design! Before it was a nut on the bottom and yeah is a pain to get the open end wrench in there, I have a specific one that I had to grind down just for sigma 6 alignments, cause it would bind up on the nut next to it.

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Cool,

makes sense, cause yes the side to side is a pain to adjust lol- and tough to get the tools needed In place while the battery tray is in the car and next to impossible with the battery in place.

Edit: just looked... they also redesigned the other links screw design! Before it was a nut on the bottom and yeah is a pain to get the open end wrench in there, I have a specific one that I had to grind down just for sigma 6 alignments, cause it would bind up on the nut next to it.
It was literally as easy to install as his instructional video shows. This was my first time completing this mod on any car I’ve had and I’m impressed with how well it went and the quality of the parts.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
So often my work brings me on the road. I’m currently in Ohio. I get bored and what better way to spend time than shop for car parts. I’m going to have quite a few upgrades to install when I get home. Ordered a Neuspeed RSB and Moog end links. I’m taking a drive down to Summit Racing to pick up the End links tomorrow to cut out the shipping cost.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Made it home after almost 2 months on the road. Installed the RSe10s today along with a TCR lip spoiler that I’ll ad photos of later. Definaltey won’t be on stock suspension much longer. Funny how aftermarket wheels make the GTI look like a 4x4 at stock ride height.
I was looking at The. Listening setups on the Neuspeed website.
1617311968109.jpeg