GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid Life GTI Journey

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
@tigeo @CaptainRatty looks like the stars are aligning for the BOTD NC meetup. I will be in Kings Mountain, NC for work next week until Friday the 13th. I am going to stay in the area and meet up with everyone at the Charlotte meetup spot @0900 on Saturday. Look forward to meeting new forum members and take a fun drive.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
@tigeo @CaptainRatty looks like the stars are aligning for the BOTD NC meetup. I will be in Kings Mountain, NC for work next week until Friday the 13th. I am going to stay in the area and meet up with everyone at the Charlotte meetup spot @0900 on Saturday. Look forward to meeting new forum members and take a fun drive.
Just all about that weather though....

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is Marion, VA the area I should monitor for weather?
Yes - also Tazewell which is the western side of the drive termination.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I see that you have the Bilstein B8 with Neuspeed sport springs suspension set up. How do you like it?
Ride height is perfect imo. Stiffer than stock but not rough. I don’t have another setup to compare it to other than stock but I’ve been pleased with it and have no plans on changing.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I got home Sunday night from Ohio and got strait to work on a few things I purchased over the past month.
Installed the MST air box and a few badgeskins. Front emblem and rear bumper reflectors. I can’t make up my mind if I like them or not. I like an OEM look and the badgeskins do not keep that look imo. They look cool, just not sure about 40 year old dad cool. Maybe they’ll grow on me.

779D36FD-E7D1-4EA4-AF38-985ED50C0467.jpeg
7FEAD7FB-5A2E-40BB-AFCF-702D0B15C03C.jpeg

6CDF92FE-86A2-4F72-AC41-828D87860F93.jpeg

11CD0E22-E626-49F2-8832-1271300D0FD6.jpeg

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I really like the bumper reflector tint, I think it ties in nicely with the lower part of your euro tails. The front emblem looks really sharp too, though I would agree it's giving modified more so than OEM. Nothing wrong with that, certainly looks sharp and still classifiable as "40 year old dad cool" haha.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
That was my thought also with the reflectors. For some reason the dark front badge says modified more than the massive fmic haha. I’m sure it will grow on me. I actually had a front badge installed previously but it looked like shit because I’m picky.
Maybe it’s the damage to my hood from a ladder that fell on my car recently that’s really bugging me.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Back reflectors look real good. I've never been a fan of the full badge overlay tbh, I like the way the chrome reflects the environment (sunsets, etc) but I've been thinking of the offest inlay to still retain a bit of the chrome. Worth a shot?

Euro tails look really clean btw, your image just put it higher on my to-do list.

1680105101169.png
1680105144406.png

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Back reflectors look real good. I've never been a fan of the full badge overlay tbh, I like the way the chrome reflects the environment (sunsets, etc) but I've been thinking of the offest inlay to still retain a bit of the chrome. Worth a shot?

Euro tails look really clean btw, your image just put it higher on my to-do list.

View attachment 277000 View attachment 277001
Thanks and yea I agree on the front badge. Badgeskins makes a tint overlay I may try someday. The mk7.5 has the smooth front badge so the inlay isn’t an option and they don’t make a color match one for dark iron blue.
The euro tails are one of my favorite mods honestly.