GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PSAS 4

Agray

Go Kart Champion
$186 for the 235/40-18.

The DWS06 is still $165 making the Michelin $85 more per set. Was there ever a big difference between the DWS06 and the A/S3+ When it was around?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
$186 for the 235/40-18.

The DWS06 is still $165 making the Michelin $85 more per set. Was there ever a big difference between the DWS06 and the A/S3+ When it was around?

I think the general consensus was that the Conti. did a little bit better in snowy conditions. But the Michelin did a bit better in wet/dry. But hardly. Ultimately I think they were about the same.
But again to mention Tirerack, I think they had a pretty good comparison.
For the record I have the AS3+ and have been very happy with them.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Also available in stock R 19" size. Cool. Will probably go with these when I wear out the crappy Contis my car came with.

I ran DWS06's on my first R for a while and was VERY happy with them. Great in all conditions. Shockingly sticky for a weather-capable tire. But I'll go with these next time, because Michelin.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah I'm assuming these will replace the AS3+
I don't NEED new tires for another 1-2 years/20,000 miles probably but I will definitely be interested in these when the time comes.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I am on AS3+ now and am about due for replacement... will give these a good look. Could not be happier with the current rubber so hope these are equal or I better get another set of AS3+ on closeout while I can.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I am on AS3+ now and am about due for replacement... will give these a good look. Could not be happier with the current rubber so hope these are equal or I better get another set of AS3+ on closeout while I can.

From that article someone linked above: "4% better dry braking, 5% better wet braking and 10% more snow traction, the company says".

Will be decent tires for sure - but you might be able to bag a clearance bargain on the 3s.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, I need two AS3+'s, hoping for a deal, but also need to avoid them going out of stock. 10% better snow performance would be welcome though, and should close the gap with the DSW06.