GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PS4S Vs Hankook RS4's for track and street use

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Michelin MPS4S is a great dual duty DE tire. I’ve moved to a dedicated set of track wheels and tires for DE. MPS4S are my wet weather DE tires. They are great in the wet.

I ran MPS4S for two seasons as dual duty tires and was happy with their performance. I didn’t experience these heat cycling out. Grip appeared consistent. However the last 25% of tread would wear quickly.

The Michelins do not give me the turn in I like. I’m assuming softer sidewalls. Shoulder wear without camber plates is common. They are progressive in slip and will give lots of Audible warning when at the limit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I'm not the expert on the MPS4S or anything, but I did have them heat cycle out DDing, autocrossing and tracking them. I do live in Florida though and it's basically Satan's penis hot here,, so that might be a factor.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Michelin MPS4S is a great dual duty DE tire. I’ve moved to a dedicated set of track wheels and tires for DE. MPS4S are my wet weather DE tires. They are great in the wet.

I ran MPS4S for two seasons as dual duty tires and was happy with their performance. I didn’t experience these heat cycling out. Grip appeared consistent. However the last 25% of tread would wear quickly.

The Michelins do not give me the turn in I like. I’m assuming softer sidewalls. Shoulder wear without camber plates is common. They are progressive in slip and will give lots of Audible warning when at the limit.
This seems to be my exact experience as well.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I made a recent HDPE trip to Sebring. My street Michelin Pilot 4Ss tires only had about 4k, so pretty fresh. My plan was to take my street tires to a couple track events a year. Well, I successfully toasted the rear passenger tire (serious uneven wear that gives a bad wobble). Yeah, I was probably dialing in a little too much slip angle in some of my sessions. I figured I would have seen something like this first on the fronts. I've learned my lesson. Time for a dedicated track tire setup. Sebring is pretty tough on tires.