GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2HIGH screen issue

Tweekaz

Car(s)
MK7 1.6TDI Wagon
Hi guys,

MIB2.5 high (harman discover pro) - retrofitted to ‘13 Golf MK7. FW 1367.

Recently got my unit unlocked and updated. But after the update a issue occured with my screen. It won’t turn off, gesture control not working, power button not working, max brightness all the time (cant be adjusted from settings either)

Unit was working flawlessly before the update.

Under my update the DUV624 looped, so i skipped it. It installed the rest just fine.

I have tried to:
- Take of battery negative for an hour
- Reseating connectors behind the screen
- Reseating connectors behind the main unit
- Checked fault codes with VCDS

Some ideas of what could’ve gone wrong? And how to fix it? All other functions work, and when the main unit is on, it works fine (except for gesture control, hand sensor, power button and dimming).

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! Tried, but no go. Checked fault codes again: B201A missing SW DUV624/Main..

Tweekaz: First try resetting the MIB unit - with the MIB turned-on, press and continue to hold-down the ON/OFF button until the unit switches OFF and then switches-ON again.

If the problem is still present - have you tried removing the DTC?

B201A error normally means that the check-sum doesn't align with the Software Version Management . The normal way for solving this problem is to pass the value in the channel IDE02502 -Confirmation of installation through an exclusive-OR operator together with an encryption key.

Rather than suggesting the proper method of performing the hexadecimal/binary calculation, the much easier way is like this:

1- Fire-up VCDS - go to the hex5F module - go to Adaptation - search for "02502"

2- select IDE02502 -Confirmation of installation :

3 - Note the "Stored value" number - in the example above AB61.

4 - Go to the webpage I'm-so-xory and enter the number above into "Enter current key" (don't include any spaces) - then press to go button and note the "New key" value (for the number above = 61B3)

5 - Go back to the VCDS screen above and enter 61B3 into the "New value" box

Press Do It!! and clear the DTC

Don

Last edited:

Tweekaz

Car(s)
MK7 1.6TDI Wagon
Tweekaz: First try resetting the MIB unit - with the MIB turned-on, press and continue to hold-down the ON/OFF button until the unit switches OFF and then switches-ON again.

If the problem is still present - have you tried removing the DTC?

B201A error normally means that the check-sum doesn't align with the Software Version Management . The normal way for solving this problem is to pass the value in the channel IDE02502 -Confirmation of installation through an exclusive-OR operator together with an encryption key.

Rather than suggesting the proper method of performing the hexadecimal/binary calculation, the much easier way is like this:

1- Fire-up VCDS - go to the hex5F module - go to Adaptation - search for "02502"

2- select IDE02502 -Confirmation of installation :

3 - Note the "Stored value" number - in the example above AB61.

4 - Go to the webpage I'm-so-xory and enter the number above into "Enter current key" (don't include any spaces) - then press to go button and note the "New key" value (for the number above = 61B3)

5 - Go back to the VCDS screen above and enter 61B3 into the "New value" box

Press Do It!! and clear the DTC

Don
Hi Don,

Thanks for the explanation!
I’ve just tried this, and got the fault «Request out of range». I will try to re-update the DUV624 and see if that fixes the issue.

I’ll keep this thread updated.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Can not confirm 100% but here's what I think:
DUV* and DUW* are update packages for display drivers. So if DUV624 was not updated and the rest of system was, I believe there's a software version conflict between the old display driver and new system that you are using.
There was a way to update just selected components of the update package (user defined update?) which let you pick and choose what to update and what should stay untouched.
Maybe try to update again in this mode, pick just the DUV/DUW to be updated.
Or find an update package one version higher than your current SW.

dburukhin

Car(s)
VW Tiguan
Hi Mr-Fix! Thx for reply!

Was SW: 1161, now 1367. Is there a newer firmware?

1) I have already tried to update DUV624 via SWDL (select files manually), same trouble.
Crashes at "DUV624 -> Application" on 73% with error 130.
As result have this Application Version = 0.

Plus, 1555 error - current values are 00 00 (looks like the problem is related to this DUV624) - and any change of them, gives me error "out of range". Anyway it doesn't affect how discover pro works.

2) The main problem is that the display does not fall asleep after turning off the power (backlight is on), the power button is not working.
And nobody knows, how to fix it.

At VW the dealership, we forcibly updated the parameter file for the D block (*.xml), didn't help.
Original ODIS program knows that I had block B and swears at "another" block D (after updating the firmware).

I have only one idea, this is to find another Display and try to connect it, possibly a bug in the Firmware at a low-level, i don't think that there is something wrong in block 5F.

Last edited:

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Looks like the MU1367 is the last one but there are two versions: K4525_MU1367 and K45221_MU1367. Not sure about the difference between them.

Maybe your update files are corrupted (which is unlikely)?
Or maybe try to install DUV application from lower firmware?

dburukhin

Car(s)
VW Tiguan
I have both of them, there is no physically difference in DUV version file (4525 / 4521). Bytes to bytes.

Mm..don't think, downloaded from:
mibsolution.eu
mega.nz/folder/b4VkmDJJ#PE2C7Te_Yl0pw1TydB--Bg
different archives, from two different pc, from two different resources, and unpacked to different flash cards 🙂
May be you have archive from another source? - Will try.

Yeah, already tried to find 1161 - but no results.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
There's K3342_MU1427 over there. Would this be higher than your current one?

dburukhin

Car(s)
VW Tiguan
MHI2_ER_VWG11_K3342_MU1427 (Train: Supported MHI2_ER_VWG11_*)
MHI2_ER_VWG13_P4521_MU1367 (Train: Supported MHI2_ER_VWG13_*)

I'm not sure, but i think that VWG11 - this is for MIB2, VWG13 - for MIB 2.5

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
I have both of them, there is no physically difference in DUV version file (4525 / 4521). Bytes to bytes.

Mm..don't think, downloaded from:
mibsolution.eu
mega.nz/folder/b4VkmDJJ#PE2C7Te_Yl0pw1TydB--Bg

different archives, from two different pc, from two different resources, and unpacked to different flash cards 🙂
May be you have archive from another source? - Will try.

Yeah, already tried to find 1161 - but no results.
The solutions there are trash and should not be used as you experienced in your case.
Your DUV screen will most likely need replacement now.