GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

diarkowski

Car(s)
2017 VW Jetta GLI
Awesome. This is extremely helpful.

Can I go directly from 0359T to 0480T or do I have to go 0369T first and then keep stepping up from there?

diarkowski

Car(s)
2017 VW Jetta GLI
Also, I am downloading 0478T from the library I don't see 0480T there. Would you happen to have that one?

Very grateful to have found you as a resource. Much appreciated.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
On Technisat unit, going from 03xx to 04xx is possible but it's not easy, as it's not officially supported by the unit. I don't recommend doing it unless you have some basic experience with hardware and software recovery.

twig973

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI MK7
Hey guys, not to resurrect this thread but I'm having trouble downloading the 867D update from MIBSolution.One

I downloaded Free Download Manager and try to download the following link: https://mibsolution.one/index.php/f/14469 and https://mibsolution.one/?module=fileman&section=do&page=download&paths[]=/ROOT/1/9/MST2 - DELPHI/Firmware/VW/US/MST2_US_VW_P0867D_MU0867.7z

But it only shows 4kb and shows as an html link. I don't know if I'm using the right link but when I right click on the file and download, it works but is painfully slow (5-10kb/sec).

Any thoughts / help?

@mr-fix

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
First install Free Download Manager + browser extension.
Then try the download again.

Raudix11

Car(s)
GTI Mk7
Has anyone experienced where the screen is stuck at Starting "Media..."? Everything else works on my Delphi Composition except for Media. The issue started when it rebooted randomly on its own then everything seemed to have been reset. Telephone, Radio and Car Status initialized with the Starting screen but opened eventually except for Media even though I've left it at the initialization screen for more than 30 mins.

The issue started with the original firmware MST2_EU_VW_P0216D. I've upgraded to MST2_EU_VW_P0231D earlier today but the issue seems to persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Thank you @mr-fix for the videos. They were very helpful in walking me through the upgrade process.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Go to hidden menu and check if FEC/SWaP code 00030000 is installed and valid.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Thank you 🙌... I'll check it out once I get my hands on OBDEleven and I'll let you know what I find out 🤞.
You can check on the radio itself; hold down the Menu button for a few seconds until you get to the service menus. There's a section for installed codes and you can see if it's in there.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
You can check on the radio itself; hold down the Menu button for a few seconds until you get to the service menus. There's a section for installed codes and you can see if it's in there.
FEC/SWaP menu is not available without enabling developer mode with diagnostic interface first.

DoomWolf

Car(s)
Golf
Hi all. Newish here. I have a 2013 MK7 and i want to add some type of Android Play system to the car. Is it possible? I've checked the console and it is the following version.

Part number 5GOO3520
Hardware 039
Software 0142

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I believe that's 5G0 035 020. It's MIB1 High (MHIG), Discover Pro, 8-inch touch display 800x480 pixels.

It's too old for native CarPlay/AndroidAuto support. You can:
1. replace the main unit in the glovebox with OEM MIB2 main unit
or
2. add an CarPlayBox like this or similar behind the dashboard.

If you go with OEM MIB2, you will have original CarPlay/Android auto integration. But replacing the main unit requires: removing component protection from the new unit, performing coding & adaptations to match you cars equipment, patching and injecting license codes for FEC/SWaP protected features (including navigation and CarPlay/AndroidAuto), changing the USB port.

If you go with the box, you keep you original main unit, installation is plug&play. Depending on the box that you get, you can have wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto, HDMI input, and other cool features.