GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

MikyD

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7 pp
Hello
I have obd 11 which informs me of a software upgrade from 0624 to 0633.
My unit is a Delphi 3Q0035874A from a golf gti mk7 2016.
I rang VW and they knew nothing about my request.

Has anyone managed this upgrade and if so could you share how please?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
VW will do it but they will charge you for doing it as there is nothing wrong with the version it is running. The only time it will be free is if you have issues and they suspect it is the issue.

Basically don't worry about it.

MikyD

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7 pp
VW will do it but they will charge you for doing it as there is nothing wrong with the version it is running. The only time it will be free is if you have issues and they suspect it is the issue.

Basically don't worry about it.
Thank you for your reply, it's just that I get hangs and crashes of my system so was hoping 633 would sort it

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I updated my unit myself. Here's the procedure (the same for all units; Technisat/Harman/Delphi, MIB1/MIB2, VW/Seat/Audi)

MikyD

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7 pp
Hello ,Im struggling to work out which software to download from MibSolutions.

there are a lot on the MIB2ST folder which are for the Delphi units

i cannot register to mibwiki unfortunately

my current software train is MST2_EU_VW_E0220D
SW MU VERSION 0624
PN 3Q0035874A

Appreciate your help :)

MikyD

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7 pp
I believe the MST2_EU_VW_P0231D_MU0633 is the right one for you.
Thanks for this, would you explain how you came to that conclusion? I have searched everywhere to try and understand the software labeling and compatibility. Thanks again

catatonicChimp

Car(s)
2016 Golf Mk7 R-Line
https://mibwiki.one/doc/sw-train-decoding-ZhFzTqov38
So your current Version is:
MST2_EU_VW_E0220D
Model: MST2
Region: EU
Brand: VW (e.g. AU = Audi, SK = Skoda etc... also some models are VWG13 which means its is VW with a 9.2" screen)
Platform: Not in your software train but usually it would be ZR for MQB cars
Version : E (Engineering/Developer/Beta) P = Production
Software Version: 0220
Manufacturer: D (Delphi)

You can't usually jump major software versions e.g. 02XX -> 06XX or 08XX (correct me if I am wrong there @mr-fix
But you can upgrade within its major software version so 0222->0227 or 0231 is fine...
So out of the available firmware's on mibsolution, these are the three that would work... based on Model, Region, Brand, Software Version and Manufacturer
MST2_EU_VW_P0222D_MU624
MST2_EU_VW_P0227D_MU629
MST2_EU_VW_P0231D_MU633

I have P0231D on my old unit, and it was very stable.

Your instability could be due to your Version been E rather than the standard P but that is just a guess, also earlier versions did have issues with carplay lockups etc

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
That's about right. You can only install (officially) firmware from within the "family". Unit with 02xx will only accept 02xx firmwares.

MikyD

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7 pp
https://mibwiki.one/doc/sw-train-decoding-ZhFzTqov38
So your current Version is:
MST2_EU_VW_E0220D
Model: MST2
Region: EU
Brand: VW (e.g. AU = Audi, SK = Skoda etc... also some models are VWG13 which means its is VW with a 9.2" screen)
Platform: Not in your software train but usually it would be ZR for MQB cars
Version : E (Engineering/Developer/Beta) P = Production
Software Version: 0220
Manufacturer: D (Delphi)

You can't usually jump major software versions e.g. 02XX -> 06XX or 08XX (correct me if I am wrong there @mr-fix
But you can upgrade within its major software version so 0222->0227 or 0231 is fine...
So out of the available firmware's on mibsolution, these are the three that would work... based on Model, Region, Brand, Software Version and Manufacturer
MST2_EU_VW_P0222D_MU624
MST2_EU_VW_P0227D_MU629
MST2_EU_VW_P0231D_MU633

I have P0231D on my old unit, and it was very stable.

Your instability could be due to your Version been E rather than the standard P but that is just a guess, also earlier versions did have issues with carplay lockups etc
Thank you very much for such a comprehensive explanation, I wondered why mine had the E in the train. Really appreciate it and sure this will help others better understand too. Thanks again!

MikyD

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7 pp
That's about right. You can only install (officially) firmware from within the "family". Unit with 02xx will only accept 02xx firmwares.
Thank you very much indeed, I just need to work out why I can't login to mibwiki, tried email and discord but nothing