- Los Angeles
That is correct, and much of the time they weren't even available to buy... VWoA
Yeah I was thinking more like firmware/software update info. I got downgraded when I went up to the MST nav unit so trying to see if I can get back up to a newer version. MST2_US_VW_P0867DNAR maps were never free to download AFAIK, so there's no public link for them.
Thanks! The Free Download Manager worked to get the full file to download.Use Free Download Manager to download it. This update should be 2-3GB, not 120MB.
You're right.Haven't updated in a while, but I think you need the contents of that extracted folder on the root of the SD card.
Is 870 the most recent 8xx US firmware available? I'm also on 867 (Discover Media). Assuming yes, I didn't know it was as easy as just loading this into an SD card and the MIB UI for update... is there a chance of bricking with this method at all?You're right.
The SD Card should only have the folders/files below:
With this folder structure I was able to succesfully update from 867 to 870 (MST2_US_VW_P0870D_0870)
Thank you all!
- Support for facelift glass displays with APP buttons,
- Support for VC/AID (Virtual Cockpit / Active Info Display),
- Support for new USB HUB,
- Updated graphics with facelift car models,
- New skin layouts (grid) and new system-wide color theme,
- Refreshed VW startup animations and new trim options (beatsaudio, FAMILY, Elegance),
- Skin and startup animation for MAN vehicles,
- 6 presets in Radio section,
- 6 favourite contact in Phone section,
- Media covers higher resolution support (needs to be confirmed),
- CAR menu selection is remembered after switching ignition off,
- Off road mode oil temperature gauge without red zone and rescaled fot 100 degrees in top position,
- Start/stop system status popups with option to disable them,
- Air Condition option in menu,
- VW Media Control option in menu,
- Configuration Wizard in Settings,
- Traffic menu with map preview,
- WLAN media source option,
- 4 clock faces in standby,
- After reboot user interface goes back to the last used screen,
- Sound type name displays on the OSD when adjusting volume,
- Updated SFX when touching the screen,
- FEC/SWaP hidden menu available without active developer mode,
- Testmode menue available from hidden menu (3 seconds press instead of 10 seconds press),
- FEC/SWaP code 00070400 for in-car communication is supported,
- GEM version 4.11 with touch screen navigation support,
- Testmode menue touch screen diagnostics no longer works,
- Left and front right speaker channels are inverted (here’s how to fix this by repining QuadLock),
- New adaptation channels (Key_code_monitoring, Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation, expansion, Deactivation/activation of the pop-up for active tracking services, nhtsa_properties),
- New cpu modules (fpkimagetransfer, i2cbridge, nuanceres.arw_EU).