GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
That's about right. You can only install (officially) firmware from within the "family". Unit with 02xx will only accept 02xx firmwares.
Posted this in another thread but wondering if you might have any advice -- I had my MIB2 updated from 0890 to 0879 (still makes no sense why the numbers don't go in order, but whatever.) Afterwards there's a setting missing called "display time in standby mode". Any idea how to get it back?

Attachments

• Missing-Settings.jpeg
    Missing-Settings.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 948
  • Correct-Settings.jpg
    Correct-Settings.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 939
  • Stupid-Clock.jpeg
    Stupid-Clock.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 992

iceorbital

Passed Driver's Ed
Posted this in another thread but wondering if you might have any advice -- I had my MIB2 updated from 0890 to 0879 (still makes no sense why the numbers don't go in order, but whatever.) Afterwards there's a setting missing called "display time in standby mode". Any idea how to get it back?
where did you get 879 from? can you share a link?

smcayton

Car(s)
17Golf Sportwagen SE
Are there any advantages to updating software other than better stability? IE, new features, better response time, things like that.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Are there any advantages to updating software other than better stability? IE, new features, better response time, things like that.
Given I lost the ability to turn my radio off after the update, I’m gonna say no lol

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Mostly bugfixes and stability, if we are talking about updates that are supported by not modified unit.
But if you patch the SWDL app (which is responsible for checking if the update package is correct) you can force to install other firmwares (from different brand like Skoda to VW, different region like NAR to EU, different SW range like 02xx to 04xx). Installing facelift firmware will give you new menu layout, updated graphics of the vehicle, support for FEC 00070400 - Electronic Voice Amplifier (ICC), support for features like VirtualCockpit if you want to retrofit it...

samglennie

Car(s)
Golf GTD MKII
Hello,

So I followed Mr Fix's video in updating the software in my Golf.. I installed the firmware onto an SD Card (FAT32) and have put it into the SD slot in my car. When I go to 'Software Update' the SD card button is not highlighted. I then go via holding the 'Menu' button to update the software, it statest that there is no source with updated software on. Have I gone wrong somewhere?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Hello,

So I followed Mr Fix's video in updating the software in my Golf.. I installed the firmware onto an SD Card (FAT32) and have put it into the SD slot in my car. When I go to 'Software Update' the SD card button is not highlighted. I then go via holding the 'Menu' button to update the software, it statest that there is no source with updated software on. Have I gone wrong somewhere?
Extract downloaded package before copying to SD card. And copy it directly to SD, not into some folder - so there’s metainfo2.txt file in the root directory.

Last edited:

arvsingh

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf TSI 1.8
Hello, I'm trying to find my file on MIB solutions but the only one I found is 3KB so I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong one, my software version is MST2_US_VW_ZR_PO241T

Any help would be great, thank you!

Raul12345

Car(s)
g
Hi all,

I'm new to the Golf platform and I own a 2016 Golf R.

I am currently trying to see if I can activate few feature of my MIB unit however I've been told that the wrong version is installed currently.

Can someone please provide some information as to what version I should be running? My unit currently has the following:

Part Number: 3Q0035864A
Installed SW train version: MST2_EU_VW_P0223D
Installed SW MU version: 0624

sgtramos

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TDI
Hi, another newbie here.

I'm not sure which firmware update is right for my Golf as I can't find anything that starts with MSTD on mibsolution.

Installed SW Train Version: MSTD_EU_VW_P3163
Installed SW MU Version: 0421
Part Number: 5G0035874

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Hi, another newbie here.

I'm not sure which firmware update is right for my Golf as I can't find anything that starts with MSTD on mibsolution.

Installed SW Train Version: MSTD_EU_VW_P3163
Installed SW MU Version: 0421
Part Number: 5G0035874

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
mibsolution.one /MQB_Solution/_pre MIB2/MSTD/VW

P4470 is there.