GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Finally, map works at both devices at the same time, even navigating. Thank you!
There used to be a "bug" where Waze didn't "activate" the navigation flag that turns off maps in the dash. But I thought that was Android Auto only and no longer worked.

Care to share the details of how you got this working? Would love to give it a shot.

NPinUK

Car(s)
Tiguan, Golf (Wife)
I recently updated toolbox and added the Navignore patch.

The exit button in AA with new Volkswagen logo brings only to black screen. Before behavior was different.

Can any one check there is also the same as I want to rule out tool box related.

Here is link.

Thanks

spikes92

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 GTD
hello @Chillout i installed mib toolbox on 9.2 golf 7.5 i dumped skin file and extracted skin0, skin1, skin4, i don't know how to use the python script how are the commands to extract and compress an mcf file? i use command d:/tools/extract-mcf.py d: (imagepath.mcf) d: (imagepathdestination), never result...taaanxx

spikes92

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 GTD
hello, I managed to extract the photo files with mib toolbox, and I created a layered structure with the various set-ups so anyone can create their skin file without knowing how to use ps .... But now I can't compress it

1: Should the photos be replaced in the IMAGES folder? or UNSORTED?
2: the command:
[[[compress-mcf.py (script) + images.mcf (original file? or new empty file?) + images2.mcf (original file or specially created empty file?) + // extract / (IMAGES or UNSORTED folder?)
i'm created a new feature LHD for lighting
@Cuzoe you don't remember how to issue a command? unfortunately I don't have a place where I can do too many tests, I have to be sure

Attachments

• capture 234.PNG
    capture 234.PNG
    115.6 KB · Views: 137
  • captures1.PNG
    captures1.PNG
    280.1 KB · Views: 143

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@spikes92 I will be asking you for help on this one 😵‍💫. I was able to extract files and did some modification, previous posts in this thread. But I never tried to compress the files and move them back to MIB 2.5.

I got distracted with other things, then busy at work, now the baby is here too. He is not interested in the car, yet 😁.

We will have to hope someone else can help maybe if you cannot figure it out.

bmxdarcy

Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Hey @Chillout,

I read the readme and installed the toolbox using a clean SD.

Started with:
SW Train: MHI2_ER_VWG11_S2125_1

Now: MHI2_ER_VWG11_P2125
MU Version : 0343
Part Number: 3G0035043J

The install ran normally but after the toolbox doesn't appear in service mode, I only see "Software update/versions" and "HMI Versions". When I installed the toolbox came up as "Y" on the list of modules on the SD card, but now it shows "N". I've tried reformatting the SD, going back to factory firmware I downloaded from mibsolution.one, and then reinstalling the toolbox but no luck. Can you point me to what I did wrong? Thanks in advance.

Wilkius

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
Does anyone have a list of MIB2 High model numbers one could reference for shopping for a unit? There's a ton of them out there and I can't tell what's MIB2 vs. MIB2 high. Thanks!
--EDIT-- I got one!

Last edited:

Jeefff

Car(s)
Golf 7
Can someone help me.
When i want to dump the boot screen on my SD card, i got an error: Cannot open /eso/hmi/splashscreen/*.*

Is there a soloution for this problem?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You'll get a nice folder structure with all filenames and such :)

You can even use this folder instead of the images.mcf on your MIB. If you remove images.mcf and imageidmap.res from your skin0 folder, and replace it with a \Images\ folder with the entire subfolder structure.. you can do whatever you like. You could even change resolutions of your graphics, add ambient lighting feature graphics and such!

I suspect I'm overlooking something simple somewhere, been through this thread and through the issues/wiki on the github... but a couple questions...

1. If I wanted to use a \Images\ folder with the entire subfolder structure what does that process look like...
    1. How do you remove images.mcf and imagidmap.res from the skin0 folder of the MIB?
    2. How do you then copy over the full filesystem form the SD?
    3. Or will the "Install new graphics for Skin0 from /Skinfiles/Skin0 on SD" copy the folders in the absence of images.mcf?
  2. I would like to add an additional "sun" to adjust overhead ambient light (which I am retrofitting)
    1. How do you replace the 0.gca file with an edited version?
  3. Or... is the answer for both of these to use the D-Link to directly access the MIB filesystem?
    1. If yes, I guess I need to read up on how to do that, haha.
1661807003491.png

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I suspect I'm overlooking something simple somewhere, been through this thread and through the issues/wiki on the github... but a couple questions...

1. If I wanted to use a \Images\ folder with the entire subfolder structure what does that process look like...
    1. How do you remove images.mcf and imagidmap.res from the skin0 folder of the MIB?
    2. How do you then copy over the full filesystem form the SD?
    3. Or will the "Install new graphics for Skin0 from /Skinfiles/Skin0 on SD" copy the folders in the absence of images.mcf?
  2. I would like to add an additional "sun" to adjust overhead ambient light (which I am retrofitting)
    1. How do you replace the 0.gca file with an edited version?
  3. Or... is the answer for both of these to use the D-Link to directly access the MIB filesystem?
    1. If yes, I guess I need to read up on how to do that, haha
Good questions
There's no toolbox function for this yet, as it has the potential to screw up the entire MIB when performed wrongly.

1: It works like this:
- dump the graphics of skin0
- extract the graphics with the mcf tool, using the function that parses the imageidmap.res. It will generate a full folder structure with all graphics sorted per car type
- remove the images.mcf and imageidmap.res from skin0 by logging in via Dlink (here's where I don't trust a common toolbox user to do the right thing, and people will delete their files without having the means to replace them.
- put an Images folder in the skin0 folder
Code:
mount -uw /net/mmx/mnt/app
mkdir /eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin0/images
- copy the files from the extracted images folder to this new folder.
- enjoy

2: with the Dlink, make sure you take the gca from the right folder... it can be quite confusing which one to use, looking at the sorted images folders might help here!
3: yes :)