GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

Exsing

Car(s)
Passat
No, VW didn't disable it :)
Are you sure you've placed the contents on the SD card in such a way that the metainfo file is in the root of the sd-card, like this?
(so the path to metainfo2.txt would be something like e:\metainfo2.txt )

View attachment 204008
Hey again,

I'm so sorry to bug you. But you were so right. I didn't have the files in the root folder. After fixing the issue, my issue now is an error (picture attached).

Would you be able to tell me what I've done wrong here?

Donation for this innovative product sent! From Jason Goh.

Attachments

• 20210224_222256.jpg
    20210224_222256.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 409
Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Looks like it's not compatible with my HW/SW, I press on the right Knob nothing happens.
IMG_20210615_193414.jpg

IMG_20210630_152443.jpg

trackracerchris

Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5
Thanks for the donation! :love:

Can you try it with the latest version? We've made some major changes, github should have all fixed applied :)
Hi,

Can you please advise if I wish to uninstall / remove the toolbox from the car and revert it back to stock after some changes, how would I do so? Thank you and have a good day!

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I have a MIB2 hacked unit from APG and I'm trying to get MIBtoolbox installed, but I keep running into "Error code 137".

Tried SD card, USB stick, both card slots....always end up with that error.
Is this due to APG having done something? Any workaround?
MIBtoolbox.error.jpg

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a MIB2 hacked unit from APG and I'm trying to get MIBtoolbox installed, but I keep running into "Error code 137".

View attachment 226181
Some hacked units have modified firmware. Modified in a way that you can't uograde or add software. Ask APG if your unit has this firmware.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR

View attachment 226181
It is better to reflash unit to stock and reactivate properly.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I tried installing the MIB2 toolbox on my Canadian 2018 GTI Autobahn which has Discover Pro and got the following error: The release info file could not be read. Error when reading/opening the file. Parse error, invalid metainfo signature.

Additional info if you need:

Installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_P0879D
Installed software MU version: 0879
Part number: 3Q0035876B
Software version: H29.319.115_STD2NAV_NAR
Model: GuideModel_29.319.30
Software Base: H29.319.115-201909261449

Edit: Maybe we don't have Discover Pro?

Last edited:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
T
I tried installing the MIB2 toolbox on my Canadian 2018 GTI Autobahn which has Discover Pro and got the following error: The release info file could not be read. Error when reading/opening the file. Parse error, invalid metainfo signature.

Additional info if you need:

Installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_P0879D
Installed software MU version: 0879
Part number: 3Q0035876B
Software version: H29.319.115_STD2NAV_NAR
Model: GuideModel_29.319.30
Software Base: H29.319.115-201909261449

Edit: Maybe we don't have Discover Pro?
That's indeed a MIB2 Standard. You can see it in the name: MST2 = MIB Standard Gen 2.

Stokholm

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Thank you for your tool, it installed flawlessly on my MHI2_ER_VWG13_P4512_2 (1161) in my eGolf from 2019.

I mainly installed the Toolbox for doing a backup of my current system, as I want to update to Firmware MHI2_ER_VWG13_K4525 (1367) - but I read about people having issues with their P4512 after the update.

I have made a full dump - is this good enough if update for some reason fails or are there other ways for doing a backup?

Any of you have experience with P4512 to K4525? In the documentation it states that P4512 is a supported train.

Thanks

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Thank you for this @Chillout. I was able to install this on my MIB 2.5 last night :LOL:, MHI2_US_VWG13_P3662.

Did a full backup of my unit, stored that away. Then did a dump of the skin files and installed Python (and Pillow) so I could extract the images. That was a learning experience, haha.

Easy place to begin was with the start screens, only 6 images to deal with. Now I have to try my hand at editing pictures and I'll post my likely sub-par results here.
I'm thinking changing the Dynaudio graphic to show sound by AudioControl and the replacing the GTI logo to show TDI

I extracted the archive in skin0 and it has almost 1,000 files o_O. I don't know where to begin. Anybody have a "cheat sheet" of sorts that says what images correspond to which screens? At some point I'll trial and error some things, and try to document what I find. Should be fun either way.

As an aside... I would replace the GTD logo but it seems only the "GTI" theme gets red accents. @Chillout's older drive2 page (for the GTE) has some posts about custom colors for the MIB screens but I'm just getting my feet wet here, not there yet.