GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
I can get my hands on a lot of different firmware, but p4512 is unknown. Downgrading firmware btw is not an easy job....

Cakkie4242

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 320

Peth

Car(s)
Golf 7R
And watch the video
Can I ask was there ever a diagnosis of the black screen shutdown, reboot and loss of touch screen problem with these units.
Having this with a retrofit MIB2.5 and 9.2 inch screen?
Is is a software issue or hardware.
Locking up car for 10 mins resets it.

Peth

Car(s)
Golf 7R
25FC80F8-0DED-4BBF-97CF-258B48E2BF7A.jpeg

This is system details.

No real video of what happens.

But what has been happening is In later part of longer journey say 10-15 miles journey it just goes black screen and shuts down.

It then reboots and is sometimes fine but yesterday when rebooted it had no touchscreen response.
a hard reset didn’t fix it but it corrected itself after shutting car down, key out and then restarting.

Today I was sitting outside a shop engine off listening to radio when radio switched off but screen remained on no touch screen.
Again after key out shut down was fine.

All other times works ok other than gesture control was a bit hit or miss so I turned it off in settings.
25FC80F8-0DED-4BBF-97CF-258B48E2BF7A.jpeg

Peth

Car(s)
Golf 7R
Ok apologies
I just thought as you had obviously an in depth knowledge of the software of the unit you might have a suggestion!

Exsing

Car(s)
Passat
Hi all,

Hoping someone can assist. I'm trying to install the toolbox to my passat bit the "update using sd card" option is greyed out even though I know the sd card works.

I tried going to media and selecting sd card as a source and it shows up with the github files.

The sd card is 16Gb and formatted ad Fat32. It's a brand new sd card with no other files in there. My unit is the Discovery Pro version.

Is it possible that VW locked the ability to update the software?

Thanks for your help!

20210220_140030.jpg

Attachments

• 20210220_140026.jpg
    20210220_140026.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 172

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi all,

Hoping someone can assist. I'm trying to install the toolbox to my passat bit the "update using sd card" option is greyed out even though I know the sd card works.

I tried going to media and selecting sd card as a source and it shows up with the github files.

The sd card is 16Gb and formatted ad Fat32. It's a brand new sd card with no other files in there. My unit is the Discovery Pro version.

Is it possible that VW locked the ability to update the software?

Thanks for your help!\

No, VW didn't disable it :)
Are you sure you've placed the contents on the SD card in such a way that the metainfo file is in the root of the sd-card, like this?
(so the path to metainfo2.txt would be something like e:\metainfo2.txt )

1613984570222.png