GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Bonjour,

Peut aider à connecter dlink 100 via MIB2HIGH J'active le menu vert mais à la source de sommeil (telent) je ne trouve pas
La

Hello. I love helping people, but......

A few things:
- You already posted this issue on my github and I replied to it. Posting it in several places makes it hard for me to keep track of things, especially since I get about 20 support-messages and emails a day.
- MIB2 has no "activate dlink" entry in any of their green menus. You don't need to activate it, just plug the device into your USB port.
- Je ne parle pas Français. And neither do a lot of people on the Internet. If you wat others to benefit from your questions because they are having similar issues, please use English on English-speaking forums and github.

Smahatma

Not entirely sure where things are going wrong for me. MIB 2.5 High discovery pro.

SW train :MHI2_ER_VWG13_P4512_1
SW MU : 1161
PART NUMBER : 5NA035043B
SOFTWARE VERSION :H29.319.29_HIGH2GP_EU

I'm getting the 'Unable to read the Release Information file - Error when opening/reading the file metainfo2.txt'

1161 should be supported per your FAQ but I've tried 3 different SD cards, fully formatted to FAT32 with 4K allocation size, tried all 4 forked versions on the git (1.4, 2.0B, 2.1B, 2.2B), untouched file structure.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Yes, this issue has been bothering me for some time now... I cannot reproduce it on any of my test machines and never had any issues like this...
Is the unit itself a hacked unit or did it come installed from the factory?

Smahatma

Yes, this issue has been bothering me for some time now... I cannot reproduce it on any of my test machines and never had any issues like this...
Is the unit itself a hacked unit or did it come installed from the factory?
Factory unmodified right now.

I should be getting the DUB-E100 usb-ethernet adapter today (hopefully a compatible revision), I will try to install it manually.

Danjo2019

Hi all,

I've made and released a toolbox for MIB2HIGH (Discover Pro). It allows you to do some cool things like:

I decided to put some of my MIB2High (Discover Pro) research into a user-friendly package. This week, I've released the MIB2 Toolbox on my github page. It's a completely new set of green menu screens you can use for customization purposes. You can get it for free here:

https://github.com/jilleb/mib2-toolbox

What can it do:
— it will install like a Navigation update.
— export and import skin files
— export and import startup graphics files
— extract and compress skin and startup graphics on your laptop, the tools are included.
— patch Android Auto configuration so you can run third party apps in AA
— export EEPROM
— export shadow file (in case you do need access to the console, but don't know the password)
— import new green menu files and scripts

Be sure to read the readme on the Github page. Note: This will only work on MIB2 HIGH units, so that's not the Discover Media/Composition Media models! I haven't tested it on all available firmware versions, but I've used the same method om 0343, 0814 and 1156, 1161 and 1367 firmware versions. Please let me know if it works on your specific firmware. If you have any bugs, please include the firmware version and whether or not you've read the readme :-D

Looking forward to be seeing cool new custom content made by others :D

Some examples of custom content, created by myself by using toolbox:

Hey Chillout,

I hope you are all doing well in those crazy days.

Thank you for your post and toolbox, indeed a very impressive job.

May I ask if you can share with me the 1156 and 1161 firmwares?

It will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance and god bless you

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
What about 1427 and 1367? Those are the latest :cool: I'll send you a PM
All is good here, thanks.It's a little bit hectic because of working from home/kid fulltime at home, so I don't really have the time and concentration level to put out new code to my github haha. Thank you

paulobraga

Salut Chillout,
je vous remercie pour votre excellent travail et j'aurais besoin de votre aide J'ai changé mon mib2 standard par un autoradio Android et qui est toujours dans la grande boîte et je me connecte à l'autoradio Android par canbus, je voudrais savoir si vous pouvez me procurer le fichier graphique car je ne peux pas l'extraire de mon media mib2 ? or an update maybe i could extract the file ?

Danjo2019

What about 1427 and 1367? Those are the latest :cool: I'll send you a PM
All is good here, thanks.It's a little bit hectic because of working from home/kid fulltime at home, so I don't really have the time and concentration level to put out new code to my github haha. Thank you
I fully understand, I'm home working with 3 children not the easiest situation, but at least everybody is healthy.
If you have even some older versions it can sure help me.
Thanks and great weekend!

paulobraga

Salut Chillout,
je vous remercie pour votre excellent travail et j'aurais besoin de votre aide J'ai changé mon mib2 standard par un autoradio Android et qui est toujours dans la grande boîte et je me connecte à l'autoradio Android par canbus, je voudrais savoir si vous pouvez me procurer le fichier graphique car je ne peux pas l'extraire de mon media mib2 ? or an update maybe i could extract the file ?
I found this site which or we find firmware for which it is interesting but still no images. ;):(
https://www.my-gti.com/category/in-car-entertainment/rns-510-in-car-entertainment/page/2

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
Hello, I tried to contact you here because I did not want to pollute your topic with my questions, but having not had an answer I try here, I have a 2.5 mib with 9.2 screen, it is in sw 1161 version and with the sd card, he tells me he can't find the meta.info file, so I bought a d-link, a guy tried to do it but he can't find the access code there tells me that it is impossible on my car radio I can check all this with you if it does not bother you of course?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
hi chillout
your tools are top
I want to put on the GTd golf skin like on the picture, how should I do

It's not too hard.

1. use mib2toolbox to dump the skin files to SD-card
  2. use the extract-mcf.py python script on the dumped images.mcf in the skin0 folder
  3. see all the extracted files in the folder where you put them
  4. edit the car images for your specific model
  5. use the compress-mcf.py python script to compress the images into a mcf file again
  6. put the new images.mcf into the Skinfiles\skin0 folder on your SD
  7. use mib2 toolbox to import the graphics.
  8. reboot
  9. enjoy

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
Hi @Chillout, do you think you can help me install Toolbox on my 5f from APG? in automatic mode I did not succeed, you did not answer me the last time.

Simonz82

Passed Driver's Ed
After installing the Toolbox software on VW Discover Pro or SEAT Navi System Plus, we can modify the Start Screen as we like.

number 1 @Chillout

Simonz82

Passed Driver's Ed