GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
@Cuzoe coming from the Porsche mapstyle back to Audi feels meh as well.. For my taste, the Audi mapstyle is a little bit to busy.

My idea would be totally different, I want to use the googlemaps colorscheme with the audi star sky, smaller fonts and Porsche POI (maybe custom POI). I already adjusted the fontsize (75%), Porsche POI is next and then the colorscheme.

But if you tell me what you want, I'll create that for you too. So, if you tell me your preferences, I'll share it with you. As an example: Audi style + Porsche POI + Default font size.

dvw.r

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Cuzoe coming from the Porsche mapstyle back to Audi feels meh as well.. For my taste, the Audi mapstyle is a little bit to busy.

My idea would be totally different, I want to use the googlemaps colorscheme with the audi star sky, smaller fonts and Porsche POI (maybe custom POI). I already adjusted the fontsize (75%), Porsche POI is next and then the colorscheme.

But if you tell me what you want, I'll create that for you too. So, if you tell me your preferences, I'll share it with you. As an example: Audi style + Porsche POI + Default font size.

dvw.r
I like the the sound of what you're already making for yourself, I'll take it 😁. I drove this morning with no SD card inserted, so back to VW factory. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but I like it. Except the POI icons, those aren't great. And I never noticed that the little country flags showing on some food places... that was weird, haha.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
@Cuzoe yea I know what you mean, it's to simple sometimes. In more crowded areas and centres it's nice. Otherwise to simple.

I'll try to build a Porsche/Audi hybrid version this week. If you want, I can share it with you when I' finished. But first thing on the list is custom images/bootscreen/etc for my brother's TCR (Delphi mib2).

dvw.r
Out of curiosity, how are you customizing the Delphi MIB2? I'd heard (from @Cuzoe) that there was a toolkit available for MST2 but only the Technisat units. Curious to start tinkering around well!

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
@bobloblawGTI I'm doing it without a toolbox.
I'm using a D-Link and a telnet connection. If you have a D-Link available, I can assist you how to do it, not that difficult tbh.
The structure of the skinimages is the same (just another location). Bootscreen/splash is a different structure but also easy understandable.

dvw.r

jauho

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTE
Just use the VIM 199 script and you are done. I don't really understand your question tbh. It's in the mib2toolbox menu.

dvw.r
Code:
```
MQBCoding Main
|
+---Customization                       # Customization features
|   +---Adaptations                     # Adaptation channels
|       +---CarDeviceBUSAssignment
|       +---CarFunctionsList_BAP
|       +---CarFunctionsList_CAN
|       +---CarMenuOperation
|       +---HMI_FunctionBlockingTable
|       +---RCCAdaptions
|       +---VariantInfo
|       +---VehicleConfiguration
|       +---WLAN
|   +---Advanced                        # Import shadow file, FECs pf.conf and such
|   +---AndroidAuto                     # Android Auto custom apps patch
|   +---Coding                          # Long coding editor
|   +---Display                         # Displaymanager and other related features
|   +---GreenMenu                       # Import new GreenMenu screens and scripts
|   +---Language                        # Replacing language data
|   +---Navigation                      # Navigation tweaks
|   +---Privacy                         # Privacy features
|   +---Skin                            # Skin graphics import
|   +---Sounds                          # Sounds import (experimental)
|   +---Startup                         # Startup graphics import
|   +---Updates                         # Custom SWDL modes and emergency
|   +---Various                         # Various tweaks
|
+---Disclaimer                          # Some wise words
|
+---Dump                                # Dump various data to SD-card
|
+---History                             # Version history of the Toolbox
|
+---MIB_Information                     # Information about the unit
|   +---Password                        # Password finder
|
+---Uninstall                           # Uninstalls and or cleans up the MIB Toolbox
```
The menu looks like that^. I can't find VIM anywhere

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
hi all, I've been using the toolbox for several changes like the map in AID while google maps is running.
I'm trying to do the mapstyles but I can't seem to make it work. I'd like the porsche style with the audi stars at night and a slightly smaller font.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?
It's a MIB2.5 discover pro in a Passat B8.

Code:
Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)       Labels:| 5G0-035-MIB-HGH2.clb
   Part No SW: 5NA 035 022 B    HW: 5NA 035 022 
   Component: MU-H-LND-EU   H54 1367  
   Serial number: A846F0JS020395
   Coding: 02840201000000005111110200880A301F0106E4012004009F
   Shop #: WSC 30389 123 56831
   ASAM Dataset: EV_MUHig4CGen2HBAS 001001
   ROD: EV_MUHig4CGen2HBAS_VW37.rod
   VCID: 323DE78994AD845B2D6-8067

Display and control head 1 for information electronics: 
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5G6 919 606     HW: 5G6 919 606 
   Component: ABT_High-2  H50 9130

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
anyone with knowledge on the subject?

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Good questions
There's no toolbox function for this yet, as it has the potential to screw up the entire MIB when performed wrongly.

1: It works like this:
- dump the graphics of skin0
- extract the graphics with the mcf tool, using the function that parses the imageidmap.res. It will generate a full folder structure with all graphics sorted per car type
- remove the images.mcf and imageidmap.res from skin0 by logging in via Dlink (here's where I don't trust a common toolbox user to do the right thing, and people will delete their files without having the means to replace them.
- put an Images folder in the skin0 folder
Code:
mount -uw /net/mmx/mnt/app
mkdir /eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin0/images
- copy the files from the extracted images folder to this new folder.
- enjoy

2: with the Dlink, make sure you take the gca from the right folder... it can be quite confusing which one to use, looking at the sorted images folders might help here!
3: yes :)
@Chillout

I'm trying to replace GCA from golf with Passat for the extra sun pictograms in the ambient lighting menu, but when I give the command:
it gives the message:
Function not implemented.

do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, greets Chris.

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
@Chillout

I'm trying to replace GCA from golf with Passat for the extra sun pictograms in the ambient lighting menu, but when I give the command:
it gives the message:
Function not implemented.

do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, greets Chris.
Ok, found out what to do.

after the command:

mount -uw /net/mmx/mnt/app

You go to the app folder and give the command:

mkdir eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin0/images (without fw slash)

OR:

mkdir /net/mmx/mnt/app/eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin0/images (with fw slash)

The slash indicates that it is in ROOT, if no slash, that means you execute the command in the folder you're in. The ambiguity was that there is also an "eso" folder in root, where you have no acces to, as far as I know for now. So key is that you adapt files in /net/mmx/mnt/app, visible after previous commands.

Good luck everybody.

Greets Chris.