GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB1 Wireless Android + Carplay + USB Mirroring

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Just installed this unit from Aliexpress. Confimed that wireless android auto is working with my galaxy s10 through MIB1 5.8" non-fender unit and it is pretty snappy! I have it connected through MDI--->AUX_In and it is working pretty well. The only thing that is not working as designed with AUX in general is the forward/reverse of the steering units, but the volume works. There is also a way to get the bluetooth audio to play the audio and use wifi to display the carplay/android auto to get the steering wheel controls to work, but it seems to work better with apple than android. All in all SUPER Happy. The total cost was $215.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002651696182.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef194dOzSBPM

xGreg

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice I have MIB1 and I'd like to get car play, so I might do this. How was the install?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I've installed one of those devices once in Audi A6 C7. Installation was not that hard as long as you have enough space and you are not afraid to disassemble couple elements from the dashboard.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Not sure how much helpful it is, but here's part of the A6 C7 installation mentioned above.

dtires

Car(s)
2015 golf
Just installed this unit from Aliexpress. Confimed that wireless android auto is working with my galaxy s10 through MIB1 5.8" non-fender unit and it is pretty snappy! I have it connected through MDI--->AUX_In and it is working pretty well. The only thing that is not working as designed with AUX in general is the forward/reverse of the steering units, but the volume works. There is also a way to get the bluetooth audio to play the audio and use wifi to display the carplay/android auto to get the steering wheel controls to work, but it seems to work better with apple than android. All in all SUPER Happy. The total cost was $215.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002651696182.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef194dOzSBPM
Does your screen switch to show the backup camera when the car is put into reverse? That is the only thing that is not working for me everything else is great. I do have a manual car and am wondering if that is the reason.