GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB1 sat nav (not pro) with Dynaudio, how to upgrade without needing Component Protection removal on amp??

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Yeah, but I have to upgrade the head unit in glovebox from basic sat nav to "pro" version as well as the screen...& trying to upgrade the HU in glovebox without having to upgrade the Dynaudio amp under the seat as the later ones had a different version.....so its not as easy as you think which is why I posted the question...as upgrading the amp requires on car CP...which as I explained is a no-go.
HI, di you get a solution for using the MIB1 related Dynaudio amplifier with the retrofited MIB2.5 unit? I have replaced my eGolf 2015 MIB1 with MIB2.5 and 9.2" screen and removed CP. Everything is working except there is no sound or Most contact with the Dynaudio amp. I have tried different changes i 5F and 47 modules in VCDS without any luck.

I don't know the semantics of how he did it but Simaservis has recycled my existing Dynaudio MIB1 amplifier with my MIB2 system. If it's using the same protocol (and it is, MOST) there's no real reason why it wouldn't work,

When the CAN gateway is reconfigured to accept the new MIB (assuming you're not going down the route of a hacked unit) all the FECs you have installed on the unit already (assuming it's a second-hand unit, as mine was) will disappear, meaning you're left with a unit with nothing more than a radio. The FECs for your vehicle then have to be applied using FAZIT and then I think Simaservis retrieves the FECs from the donor car to activate the other features on the unit for you - as part of his fee.

We were interrupted during my installation and I had 24 hours with nothing, until Simaservis got onto the car a second time to finish everything off. We're almost there, I'm still waiting for him to get back to me about installing the configuration files for the Dynaudio feature itself, however everything is now working as expected.

My understanding of the way CP works is that the CAN gateway stores the details of all the CP-affected modules in an encrypted file which only FAZIT can edit. When the ignition is turned on, it calls-out to the modules and any it doesn't recognise have CP triggered and stop working. Your MIB will tell you, when you connect it to the car, that the ignition is required to be turned on to complete the cycle so I assume this is a 2-way conversation, but on that understanding, I'm not sure you will have an issue with CP if you use your existing Dynaudio amplifier because the car already knows it's there.

In short, CP shouldn't be a problem if you are re-using the existing Dynaudio/Fender amplifier in the car. All that would be required is that your CAN gateway is re-programmed to accept the unit as part of the constellation in the car; how he does that, without hacking the unit itself, I'm not sure; I know the VW retrofitter I spoke to down south tried to convince me to buy a new amplifier (not from him, elsewhere) and was adamant it wouldn't work - "he'd been doing this for 12 years".

I should really call him... 🤣

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
"Hacked" units will not work with amplifiers.
Even if you put a MIB2 amp with a hacked unit you will not get sound.
Why? Because MOST gateway in car is the 5F unit - MIB1 or MIB2.
So component protection functions go thru it.
So basically amplifier is tied to MIB and via MIB then to gateway.

I don't know why people sell units as plug & play when they are never plug & play.
You need reconfiguration eventually.