GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB1 Discover Media - Odd DAB operation.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
My stock infotainment has been acting odd a couple of times, I think it may just be down to poor signal but I can't be 100% sure.

Basically, it will occasionally switch to another DAB radio station 'Hits Radio' from my usual selected Radio1 or RadioX.

I thought it was just down to signal strength (or TA/TP but that's deselected), but today I was in the car-park at work and the Radio1 signal was fine, but suddenly it just flipped to Hits Radio for no reason, so I put it back to Radio1, then a few seconds later it switched back again. I nearly put my fist through the screen.

It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same, is there any hidden setting for the default operation for poor/loss of signal?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
My stock infotainment has been acting odd a couple of times, I think it may just be down to poor signal but I can't be 100% sure.

Basically, it will occasionally switch to another DAB radio station 'Hits Radio' from my usual selected Radio1 or RadioX.

I thought it was just down to signal strength (or TA/TP but that's deselected), but today I was in the car-park at work and the Radio1 signal was fine, but suddenly it just flipped to Hits Radio for no reason, so I put it back to Radio1, then a few seconds later it switched back again. I nearly put my fist through the screen.

It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same, is there any hidden setting for the default operation for poor/loss of signal?
Any beep when it happens?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
No, just straight up switches over, no noise and usually no breakup of the DAB signal before it does. Such a minor thing but incredibly frustrating, especially when you consider the audio modulation of different stations.
It does fall back to FM when it loses DAB signal, but it's supposed to only do so if there's a FM station with the same name available.

i.e. if I'm listening to LBC, it will just go silent as there's no FM coverage for LBC in the north. If I'm listening to Smooth, it will gracefully fallback to the FM band for Smooth.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
It does fall back to FM when it loses DAB signal, but it's supposed to only do so if there's a FM station with the same name available.

i.e. if I'm listening to LBC, it will just go silent as there's no FM coverage for LBC in the north. If I'm listening to Smooth, it will gracefully fallback to the FM band for Smooth.
Yea, I'm aware and thankful for that feature (my old Kenwood that's in my T25 Camper does the same too) but this is actually switching to the DAB broadcast of that completely aternate station. It's always the same too, always Hits Radio.

If I'm listening to Radio-X and I get poor signal it usually does nothing, just sits there in silence with the crossed out antenna icon after the station name.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Yea, I'm aware and thankful for that feature (my old Kenwood that's in my T25 Camper does the same too) but this is actually switching to the DAB broadcast of that completely aternate station. It's always the same too, always Hits Radio.

If I'm listening to Radio-X and I get poor signal it usually does nothing, just sits there in silence with the crossed out antenna icon after the station name.
Seems defective!