GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mib not turning on after removing glovebox

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
I removed the glovebox due to the infamous air recirculation flap problem. Got it working again but after putting glovebox back. The MIB2 would not turn on. With and without ignition. Only a black screen.

I made sure no cables were pinched during reassembly. There was a small crack in the cable near the blue connector but that was there before.

I checked the fuses F10 and F12 and they are not broken.

I also did a hard restart of the mib pressing the power button over 20 seconds. Menu button as well.

What could be the issue? I didnt yank any cables too.

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I'm with @Kushdaiin - check that the lever that locks the quad-connector on the rear of the MIB is fully seated. The power-supply pins are on the "J" connector like this:

If you have access to a multi-meter - test if there is battery volts on pins #17 & #18 (as shown) with ignition OFF

The other possibility could be the coaxial cable that connects the display to the MIB. This is shown as the grey socket next to the "USB"socket in the picture below - check that the mating plug is fully inserted :

Don

Last edited:

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks all. I managed to find the problem. I checked the fuses again and it turns out I'd mistaken fuse 12 (SC12) with SC13. Meaning Fuse 12 was fried. After replacing the culprit fuse, everything worked again.