GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB II - Software Version and Update Thread

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
After about 5-10 minutes on a call, the audio becomes distorted, almost like crackling; very glitchy and robotic sounding. Unplugging/replugging fixes it temporarily, but it happens again after several minutes. Only occurs with phone calls via CarPlay; music/podcast playback is fine, and phone calls over Bluetooth do not have the same issue. Also happens with multiple iPhones and with multiple kinds of cables (including Apple OEM), so it's either a bug in iOS 14 or an issue with the head unit (force restart of infotainment didn't resolve.) My local VW dealer insists there's no updates available for it though I'm not sure how much I trust that determination. My 844B is currently on 0890.
Ok, you’re on a different train from me - mine has 0751 on it.

My iPhone gets really warm when CarPlay is running. I guess some of that is down to the maps constantly reflecting your position but even so, if I pick up the phone and use it while it’s connected (while parked obviously) then it goes through the roof - if CarPlay hasn’t cut out already, you can guarantee that it will then.

Seems to get warm if I use Siri for any time also.

I need to test with another iPhone from mine to see if it’s the same. I didn’t have a chance to do that tonight but will tomorrow.

What’s the “full” software version and I’ll check to see if there is a newer 08xx version available - not exhaustive but worth checking.

Last edited:

Disquiet

Car(s)
MK7R IE Stage 2 93
Hi, I have a 2016 R DCC w/ Nav and a really early version of the MIB2 software from what I've been reading here. Has anyone successfully updated a NAR H25 with something newer? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• E8A80CDB-66BD-4B41-90B2-E27EE93C1C41.jpeg
    E8A80CDB-66BD-4B41-90B2-E27EE93C1C41.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 964

cosmTurtle

Car(s)
VW Passat Variant
Hi,
I have a
Device Part Number: 3q0035864 / 3G0919605D (visor)
Hardware: H10
Software Version: 0138
Purchase Date: 05-2015

I have a problem with MIB unit

The system starts when i turn on the ignition, but after a few seconds the visor freeze and then the radio reboot.
I've read a lot about this and ask even with vw that tell me that i need to change the radio in glove box.
I've changed it ant the visor to but the problem still happening.

So guys any help with this?

Can anyone find me a more recent firmware so i try to update the unit?

Thanks.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Hi, I have a 2016 R DCC w/ Nav and a really early version of the MIB2 software from what I've been reading here. Has anyone successfully updated a NAR H25 with something newer? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
I can share you 0253, latest official

RAMOSS

Car(s)
GOLF 7 CARAT DIESEL
Quelqu'un a-t-il le logiciel UE car le mien est japonais et je dois changer le logiciel en version UE. J'ai les cartes sur SD mais cela dit que la région doit changer pour l'Europe.
Salut
si vous avez eu une réponse favorable , priez de m'en faire part
Merci

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
Device Part Number: 3Q0 035 844 (delphi p/n 28518074)
Hardware: 620
Software Version: 0613
Purchase Date: purchased from a 2016 gti for retrofit
Media codec: 1.2.0
Installed Software train version: MST2_US_VW_P0504D
Software Version: H25.14.78_STD2Plus_NAR

Comments:

I have issues with this unit giving no sound on start periodically; a restart of the MIB will solve the issue.

When I had it retrofitted I was told this unit was blocked from update by VW. When in the retrofit process we received error "variant conflict" medium: 17251/17258 (MainUnit: 17243). The error 17243 being the odd error seen. I believe simaservis1108 was able to get around this.

I was told I could update this to P0635 but have not been able to find a file for it.

gmauto

Hi, I've got 2 NAR cars that I'm trying to (slowly) convert to EU. They're both MST2_US_VW_P0504D, one is STD2Plus, the other STD2Nav. I'm trying to find the EU equivalents of this software version, or a way to upgrade them to something newer to then convert them. I tried using P0635 firmware to upgrade them but it gave me a variant conflict and refused to work. Editing the variant numbers in the metadata made it fail on verification/checksumming.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Resolved :). If you need help with the same (or a similar) issue feel free to drop by and PM.

Last edited:

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Part number: 3Q0035844A
Installed software MU version: 0751
installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_P0628D
Software Version: H28.28.133_STD2PLUS_NAR

I was told there was a software update to 755? I just have no idea where to get updates and the dealer wasn't much help :/

narnouri

Car(s)
VW Golf 2016
Can someone please share the latest firmware for:

Device Part Number: 3Q0035878
Hardware: H25
Software Version: 0245
Purchase Date: Sep 2015
Comments: I have issues with Android Auto. It keeps disconnecting, and media playback stops.

axsys

Car(s)
2016 GTI
Is there a newer version for my radio? Same unit as @Lurchalicious it looks like.

Device Part Number: 3Q0035844
Hardware: 620
Software Version: 0613
installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_P0504D
Software Version: H54.14.78_STD2Plus_NAR
Comments: This is a 8" swap. I have issues with Bluetooth audio not updating the current song information.