GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mib 8inch installation Golf 7

lachou94

Hello Everyone ,

Thanks for sharing knowledge !

I want to install the 8inch discovery pro to my Golf 7 2014, with Mib 1.
Now i have the discovery pro 8 unit, and the CarPlay compatible usb. I want to know if i need to change my infontainment system to get CarPlay running ?
Is there any other method to get the Carplay Key and activate it without going to volkswagen’s.

Thank you infor helping me.

danielallen89

Hello Everyone ,

Thanks for sharing knowledge !

I want to install the 8inch discovery pro to my Golf 7 2014, with Mib 1.
Now i have the discovery pro 8 unit, and the CarPlay compatible usb. I want to know if i need to change my infontainment system to get CarPlay running ?
Is there any other method to get the Carplay Key and activate it without going to volkswagen’s.

Thank you infor helping me.
Yeah I have just don't this within the last week now having the pleasure of trying to update software, you need screen and infotainment unit there will be a onnector on the wire to screen needs a notch trimmed off and again the pink wire to infotainment will have the same apart from that mine was a straight swap without coding.

lachou94

Thanks guys for replying, i’m in France i looked up some main units references i found out that they are very expansive.
I found a cheap 3Q0035842B, it’s a Polo GTI unit, can i retrofit it to my golf with some software modifications?