GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFD Message on start up

Paul K

I regularly get the message "Manoeuvre braking unavailable" in my MFD on start up and recently when Stop/Start kicks back in on my 67 reg Golf SE NAV 7.5 Estate. It stated occasionally when I first got the car with 1.5k miles on and now at 17.5k it happening nearly all the time. This is regardless of weather or parking position. It's been into been into VW a couple of times and they say there's no fault and it's doing its job and to keep both sides of the sensor clean and dry which you cannot do behind the grill. They just say "it's because the sensor can't see". I know of two similar golf's that have never had this message. I feel as though I'm being fobbed off. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it fixed please.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I regularly get the message "Manoeuvre braking unavailable" in my MFD on start up and recently when Stop/Start kicks back in on my 67 reg Golf SE NAV 7.5 Estate. It stated occasionally when I first got the car with 1.5k miles on and now at 17.5k it happening nearly all the time. This is regardless of weather or parking position. It's been into been into VW a couple of times and they say there's no fault and it's doing its job and to keep both sides of the sensor clean and dry which you cannot do behind the grill. They just say "it's because the sensor can't see". I know of two similar golf's that have never had this message. I feel as though I'm being fobbed off. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it fixed please.
What does the owners manual state that message means??