GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Messages on dash after installing springs on MK7.5

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You disconnected the battery right? Probably standard warning lights. Drive the car for a block or two and they'll go away

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
It is not normal for springs to cause any codes. Check the driver side rear LCA to make sure that you did not damage the headlight level sensor.

As others have said, if you disconnect the battery, the dash will light up. Should all clear up on the first drive.

sensor.jpg

Bikelifemar

Car(s)
Mk7.5
any codes. Check the driver side rear LCA to make sure that you did not damage the headlight level sensor.

As others have said, if you disconnect the battery, the dash will light up. Should all clear up on the first drive.

Wait so do I disconnect the battery?

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
any codes. Check the driver side rear LCA to make sure that you did not damage the headlight level sensor.

Wait so do I disconnect the battery?
No- I was echoing others who had said IF the battery WAS disconnected, it would cause the codes.

I think replacing the sensor is a good place to start, even though it shouldn't cause the codes described. Not sure what else you could have done to get them with a spring install.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I screwed up the level sensor when i did my springs and flipped the arm on the wrong side of the linkage. I got Lighting errors, AFS: Mechanical Error and nothing else