GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Member List By State Thread

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I would like to stress that members on the list are not offering services with no costs. Some members may do work or offer their tools and services for no cost, but if you don't know a member from atom please don't assume they'll help you for free. I had a member contact me who wanted a substantial amount of work done. He wasn't flexible on times to meet and seemed to think I'd give him a few hours of my time for nothing in return. I'd be glad to help him, use of my garage, tools, and knowledge...but I value my time and expect anyone using my resources to value it as well. I will expect you to come to me, not the other way around! This means exchanging something in return for our services. For example: A clutch replacement/upgrade costs $1250 in labor at a local shop, I don't think it's too much to ask to pay a fraction of that cost to someone who has done it before and has all the necessary tools on hand to get the job done in an afternoon.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I would like to stress that members on the list are not offering services with no costs. Some members may do work or offer their tools and services for no cost, but if you don't know a member from atom please don't assume they'll help you for free. I had a member contact me who wanted a substantial amount of work done. He wasn't flexible on times to meet and seemed to think I'd give him a few hours of my time for nothing in return. I'd be glad to help him, use of my garage, tools, and knowledge...but I value my time and expect anyone using my resources to value it as well. I will expect you to come to me, not the other way around! This means exchanging something in return for our services. For example: A clutch replacement/upgrade costs $1250 in labor at a local shop, I don't think it's too much to ask to pay a fraction of that cost to someone who has done it before and has all the necessary tools on hand to get the job done in an afternoon.

Are you kidding me? Unreal. I will update the first post to reflect AND that the helper is not at fault for any service they provide. This was never designed as a "free service" for everything......

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I sign a waiver when i help friends at no cost. I am not responsible for any issues that may arise. If they pay you, then you become somewhat liable for what happens. I also make sure they know how to do it when we are done. I never do more than 50% of the work. Teach a man how to fish. Had a member help me once, and he came to me, but my car was all kinds of busted in my garage, and I was super depressed. I think it was morale support more than anything. With that said, no one should expect "free" work. I always offer something. Food, money, and I owe you, something. it's a 2-way street.

Had a local guy from my group contact me to do his spark plugs, at his job, during work hours.I told him i could make it work, if he paid me for gas and 1 hour of my time, since i had to go pick up my tools and leave work early, to accommodate for him. Needless to say, he said he could get it done cheaper somewhere else. It was literally 35 bucks.

some people just suck.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
1592491926548.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Bumping this bad boy up......should you be traveling across the country and needs some help ;)

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
On the now deceased mazdaspeedforums we called this "NATOR"

I was surprised I didn't see something similar existed here. And now here it is.

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I have all the basic stuff and a few VW tools and can find my way around a car. Also would be interested in tagging along / lending a hand on installs other people are doing so I can learn more.

How often do people hit you guys up?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
On the now deceased mazdaspeedforums we called this "NATOR"

I was surprised I didn't see something similar existed here. And now here it is.

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I have all the basic stuff and a few VW tools and can find my way around a car. Also would be interested in tagging along / lending a hand on installs other people are doing so I can learn more.

How often do people hit you guys up?
PM me your name and if you have a garage or any other special info. Some have been hit up, but it's not very often at all.

Also.....this was a sticky....need to find out why it's not now....

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
No car now, but everything still stands for tools, space, knowledge, beer etc.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
PM me all your info (name, location, knowledge level, etc) and I'll definitely add ya!