GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meguiar's Air Re-Fresher

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Yes that's the best place to spray it because it goes through the entire system. It's just a little difficult getting to that area. It will leave a slightly sweet smell coming out of the vents. For the guys who drive very short trips this is the best way to eliminate mold and bacteria from the system.

I had to get to that area earlier this year to clean out some leaves stuck near the intake. I thought it was pretty easy, the only troubling part was removing the passenger side cowl without cracking it. The factory seal was very tight.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I had to get to that area earlier this year to clean out some leaves stuck near the intake. I thought it was pretty easy, the only troubling part was removing the passenger side cowl without cracking it. The factory seal was very tight.

Every other car I've had was easy. Just spray it in the cowl by the windshield wiper on the passenger side. Knowing me I would break something if I removed the cowl.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just used the Mcguiars and it's great. Now I'll see how long it lasts.

By the way search sucks on this site. I typed the exact title of this thread in search and there weren't any results. Took 15 minutes to find it. Now I see why everyone just starts a new thread.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
“...but he loves you!”

—G.C.

By the way search sucks on this site. I typed the exact title of this thread in search and there weren't any results. Took 15 minutes to find it. Now I see why everyone just starts a new thread.
More than once I’ve seen pedantic/snarky comments on here directed towards new users to “use the search function, it’s there for a reason”. I’ve wondered if those people used it themselves yet because yes, it’s trash.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

Try this sometime.... type in your search on google, followed by site:https://www.golfmk7.com/forums. For example, this whole thing, minus the quotes: "best oil site:https://www.golfmk7.com/forums"

Forum software can be really picky about or disregard words under 3-4 letters etc.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
So I just set one of these off in my wife's car today after a really good interior cleaning (she smokes :sick: and it's nasty and I couldn't take her foul car anymore....looks good though) and while it is still pretty strong at this point, there is no hint of the ashtray smell. Man, it was so bad....but yeah, it works and I just followed the instructions. As far as the scent goes, I went with the New Car and it's not too bad. The wife digs it so that's good. I think I may try one in my car at some point.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I completely forgot I had ordered one of the Meguiar's one that I have sitting in my bedroom for when the god awful smelling Turtle Wax one fades, which happened some time ago. The smell of the Turtle Wax one seemed to fully dissipate within 7 - 10 days.

tgtmkt

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It doesn’t have the Meguiar’s cachet but I’ve had good luck with Febreze - it took care of the coffee odor after a Dunkin’ extra large spilled onto my mat and carpet.
Febreeze is scientifically proven to remove odors. Stick with the unscented version.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

You used the Black Chrome scent right? I've cleaned my seats/carpeting twice since I last posted and can't seem to get rid of the faint musty odor. Did you apply Meguiars with the windows cracked or give it the full treatment?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I've tried it once on my old Mitsubishi. It left a horrible, acidic smell that never left the car.

If you want good smell, you have to get rid of the source. This weekend I plan on removing my seats so I can treat the carpeting of the car with some shampoo and scrubbing.

I also recommend Sonax Car Breeze, which is a scent remover that destroys bacteria and doesn't have a smell to it.

1602662934234.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You used the Black Chrome scent right? I've cleaned my seats/carpeting twice since I last posted and can't seem to get rid of the faint musty odor. Did you apply Meguiars with the windows cracked or give it the full treatment?

Yes the Black Chrome scent. Windows up and I left the windows up until the next day instead of airing it out like the instructions say. If I was going to drive it soon after treatment I would definitely open a few windows to air it out because it's pretty strong.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I set off the Pina Colada Meguiar's one in my car the other day, and it worked pretty well. I let the car air out for about 10 minutes and it's not too overwhelming once you are inside.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I've tried it once on my old Mitsubishi. It left a horrible, acidic smell that never left the car.

If you want good smell, you have to get rid of the source. This weekend I plan on removing my seats so I can treat the carpeting of the car with some shampoo and scrubbing.

I also recommend Sonax Car Breeze, which is a scent remover that destroys bacteria and doesn't have a smell to it.

The first time I cleaned my carpets I used a Bissell Little Green Pro with Oxy shampoo. The most recent time (last Saturday) I used Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean. Right now the citrus smell is still too strong to tell if it worked but I think I am still picking up the old musty odor as well. I also cleaned the seats and headliner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPSP2HS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1