GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MD emissions test and Downpipe

KTin

I have a 19 GTI SE. Thinking of getting a DP and stage 2. Will affect my emissions test? Or vehicle inspection in MD?

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
itll definitely fail emissions. I’d get the emissions test done first so you don’t have to worry about it for awhile. Then tune it. Or get switchable software and a spacer for the O2 sensor on your down pipe. Switch to stock, take test, switch back afterwards

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ask the tuner for a tune that doesn't disable the O2 sensor or a non test pipe tune. Also get a downpipe with an HJS or GESI cat. That usually means AWE / BAUN / MAP / BULLX / NEUSPEED (I think).

Or just test before you do mods.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
AWE is the only spacer free option for the most part, otherwise you will have to get a spacer that will prevent the cat efficiency code. For tunes, as monkeyMD said, you'll need a stage 2 that doesn't disable the O2 channel (I went this route). Alternately, if you use a flash at home option (Cobb, unitronic, etc., basically anyone but APR), you can flash back to stock or stage 1 a week before you go get your emissions done to reenable the channel and set readiness for it, flash back to stage 2 after you're done. Just don't do any racing during that time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Milltek HJS catted downpipe and a number of others with HJS cats will work for stage 2 and above, plus a tuner that either doesn’t disable the O2 sensor or can flash you back to stage 1. I run the Milltek setup and passed zero issues.

KTin

Milltek HJS catted downpipe and a number of others with HJS cats will work for stage 2 and above, plus a tuner that either doesn’t disable the O2 sensor or can flash you back to stage 1. I run the Milltek setup and passed zero issues.
Hello, can you pls give me the setup of the tune and the part number for the down pipe. I have seen a couple of down pipes from militek online but I am not sure which one will work for me. Thank and who installed it for you. I am planning to go with militek and stage 2 haven’t figured out the tune company yet. So your input will be welcomed. Thank you.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Hello, can you pls give me the setup of the tune and the part number for the down pipe. I have seen a couple of down pipes from militek online but I am not sure which one will work for me. Thank and who installed it for you. I am planning to go with militek and stage 2 haven’t figured out the tune company yet. So your input will be welcomed. Thank you.
Contact Country Dubs in White Marsh. They can give you all the details you need including software options and down pipe solutions that will work.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I'm willing to guess the ones that are "EC approved"

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
For what it's worth I'm running a Milltek HJS catted downpipe on stage 2 Eurodyne. Passed Maryland emissions last year with no issues.

KTin

Hello guys... I put on a downpipe... I went with milltek catted with hjs.... and stage two TCU and ecu eqt 93. Will be sharing my experience with the new set up and the jb4 I had. Thanks to everyone for your input. Boost season!!!! Let’s all get boosted...🤩

Petethegrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 golf r
Hey I know this is an old post, but I currently am running a ie dp. Tuned to stage 1 it fails for lean stock pipe in no faults . So what I want to know is what state are you in , and do I need to run a spacer with the hjs milltek cat ?