GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MazdaSpeed 3

stillbreathing8

dear birds...
Car(s)
GTi
These things are fast! My friend got one, and Ive been driving it alot lately. Waht are your guys' thuoghts on it?

Im still getting a Gti over this thing though :)

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
Allow me to sum up the vast majority of opinions on the MS3 here on GolfMKV.com

1. Yes it's faster

2. But the quality isn't as good as the GTI

3. And a lot of people think it's ugly

My only complaint is that it only comes in a 6 speed manual and a lot of people have had their engines fall out of the bottom due to broken motor mounts.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Allow me to sum up the vast majority of opinions on the MS3 here on GolfMKV.com

1. Yes it's faster

2. But the quality isn't as good as the GTI

3. And a lot of people think it's ugly

My only complaint is that it only comes in a 6 speed manual and a lot of people have had their engines fall out of the bottom due to broken motor mounts.

BINGO

xjool

Passed Driver's Ed
No sunroof, no leather seats (leather trimmed), steering is more stiff/heavy than GTI, no heated seats.

I liked my test drive a lot on the Speed3, but no sunroof and no heated seats was a deal breaker for me.

The GTI is more fun to drive also. I felt like I was driving a really fast family wagon when in the Speed3. I feel like I'm driving a fun, sporty hatchback in the GTI.

zogger

Ready to race!
damn nice car, but limited options... no sunroof, partial leather seats (sports pack)... and the quality isnt that bad but certainly not as good as the GTI .Another thought went to how good would it look in 5 years.

If they had brought out a AWD version then it would be a big win, still though having owned a Miata, i cant fathom why mazda would create a car with so much power hitting the front wheels only?? :confused:

The engine mount problem isnt as wide spread as some make out considering the sales.. still though isnt comforting having that at the back of ones mind. From talkign with a mazda dealer (whom i trust) apparently it appears a batch issue which is now resolved .. still though he didnt mention anything about recalls.. perhaps personnal letters going to those owners of the batch perhaps?? (keep it below radar as much as possible hehe).

Whilst I do have a longer wait for a GTI than an MPS3, i cant help but think on the old saying..."good things come to those that wait"

DJECTED

Ready to race!
No sunroof, no leather seats (leather trimmed), steering is more stiff/heavy than GTI, no heated seats.

I liked my test drive a lot on the Speed3, but no sunroof and no heated seats was a deal breaker for me.

The GTI is more fun to drive also. I felt like I was driving a really fast family wagon when in the Speed3. I feel like I'm driving a fun, sporty hatchback in the GTI.

i.guess u didnt drive it enough...ITS A F@CKING BADASS CAR!!!.

..my friend have it also....best sport car for the buck....but ill take VW over it anyways couse thats all i drive DM cars only....:burnrubber:

xwhiteboy55

Ready to race!
Car(s)
a bicycle
Personally, I think its a girls car. Every time girls see one, they say, "Oh this car is so CUTE!".

I don't know about you, but I don't want my car to be called cute. Only like it to be called "Fast", "A Beast", or "Hot".

zogger

Ready to race!
in regards to heated seats.. here in Queensland, Australia i would love AIRCON SEATS, ... nice cool botty hehe

NorthernDubber

Ready to race!
Personally, I think its a girls car. Every time girls see one, they say, "Oh this car is so CUTE!".

I don't know about you, but I don't want my car to be called cute. Only like it to be called "Fast", "A Beast", or "Hot".

this is probably the most stupid thing I've ever read. and after having read this, I feel more stupid.

Hong Chau

Banned
my chipped GTI has owned 2 MS3's
enuff said.

its a better drivers car all round

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie

I hope the "no sunroof" was more of a factor than heated seats for a California resident. Do you keep your coffee warm on the passenger seat with that feature?