GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mazda Swap

Omax Vaar

Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI
This.

Take the insurance money from the totalled car and buy a GTI, sell the Speed3 as a carcass to someone who wants a project and use that money to K04 the GTI with an LSD and never look back. :cool:;):)

Or take all the money and get into a Golf R like the cool kids...... :ROFLMAO:

That's the best answer to your Mazda question. (y)
This is my friends car. I do own a GTI and I love it. He likes mazda not Volkswagen. It is okay to like something else.

Omax Vaar

Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI
I had a speed3 a few cars ago. I enjoyed the heck out of the thing.
However, when it did inevitably go zoom zoom boom, it was most definitely time to get a different vehicle. Those cars are not known for their reliability.

If it was my money, I wouldn't spend it on replacing the MZR in the speed3. There are plenty of good cars out there. Be a good friend and give him some advice against fixing it.
I try but this is what he wants to do. We both enjoy working on cars and he doesn't absolutely need a car since i just let him use my GTI anyway. So we have time. This is just for fun.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I try but this is what he wants to do. We both enjoy working on cars and he doesn't absolutely need a car since i just let him use my GTI anyway. So we have time. This is just for fun.

SPOILER ALERT:
You won’t have fun.
The swap your friend is suggesting is almost guaranteed to cost more than just buying another speed3 that is in good running condition.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
This is my friends car. I do own a GTI and I love it. He likes mazda not Volkswagen. It is okay to like something else.

For sure man, different strokes for different folks.

It's also ok to tease people when you like different things. I mean, you posted a Mazda question on a VW forum........clearly we all like VWs (and we're allowed to like VWs), so you have to have expected some "Get a VW" responses. ;)