GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mazda Motorsports Braking Webinar!

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
What’s interesting about trail braking is that if it had not been taught to me in a classroom setting, then on the road course itself- hands on, I’d have no idea what the concept is nor why it’s useful!

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
What’s interesting about trail braking is that if it had not been taught to me in a classroom setting, then on the road course itself- hands on, I’d have no idea what the concept is nor why it’s useful!
100% agree. I've read about trail braking a lot, and just started getting good with it my last time out at Willow Springs, so I found this webinar really informative. The Racers360 guy used to race a mk6 GTI for APR motorsports before he won Sebring and Daytona in the GT class.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Nice, trailbraking is one of the best way to shave some time through corners, definitely requires practice to get it right but feels so good when you do and nail the Apex. Fwd platforms especially take advantage because of the added yaw you get while being able to get on the power during track out to help straighten out.

If you guys have some reading time, check out the book "speed secrets" by Ross Bentley. It's a great read and helps keep the mind sharp during off seasons. He gets into trail braking in this book and really helps explain the physics of why it's beneficial

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Nice, trailbraking is one of the best way to shave some time through corners, definitely requires practice to get it right but feels so good when you do and nail the Apex. Fwd platforms especially take advantage because of the added yaw you get while being able to get on the power during track out to help straighten out.

If you guys have some reading time, check out the book "speed secrets" by Ross Bentley. It's a great read and helps keep the mind sharp during off seasons. He gets into trail braking in this book and really helps explain the physics of why it's beneficial

Good recommendation. Bentley's books are very informative. I also found Skip Barber's School's "Going Faster" to be terrific. Stuff like this, especially for those just breaking into track driving,are better investments than most upgrades.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Good recommendation. Bentley's books are very informative. I also found Skip Barber's School's "Going Faster" to be terrific. Stuff like this, especially for those just breaking into track driving,are better investments than most upgrades.
I'll check that one out. I never want to stop learning, even when I think I've mastered something getting someone else's perspective sometimes breaks through new concepts that you never thought of before. I was very fortunate when I started track driving and had several very experienced friends that have been instructors most their lives. Having someone ride in the passenger seat with me for the first 10-15 track days I did were more valuable than any mod I've put on my car.