GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

cblock406

Ready to race!
Sounds like you've got something coded incorrectly. Did you do the coding yourself or have someone else do it?

I used the OBD11 app function so I did not do any long coding, just used credits. But yes, when I hold the button I get no beep and the button becomes completely unresponsive, very weird. I suppose next I should go back to the stock setting and try again. Can someone confirm that ESC Sport/ESC Off V2 works properly for your Mk7.5? Thanks!

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Go back to the stock coding and then make the changes manually instead of via the app. Should work out better. Keep in mind, where you change the bit to 06 or 09, you need to use 86 or 89 on a MK7.5.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
It can be held even when in Sport to turn off
Interesting, just tested mine and when Sport is activated, holding the button immediately makes the display say "ESC on" then the ESC icon in the instrument cluster turns off once you release the button. Must either be a different option in coding, and/or a difference in model year. But regardless, it works for me, just with different steps.

OP, not sure what the issue is, but hope you figure it out. Maybe try the V1 option? Otherwise I'm sure someone else will chime in with long coding instructions or something.

cblock406

Ready to race!
Interesting, just tested mine and when Sport is activated, holding the button immediately makes the display say "ESC on" then the ESC icon in the instrument cluster turns off once you release the button. Must either be a different option in coding, and/or a difference in model year. But regardless, it works for me, just with different steps.

OP, not sure what the issue is, but hope you figure it out. Maybe try the V1 option? Otherwise I'm sure someone else will chime in with long coding instructions or something.

Okay, maybe I am just an idiot and do not understand how it works. When you hold down the button, do you get a chime or any indication/confirmation that it is off? When I hold it down, I get no chime and the indicator light in the instrument cluster turns off and pressing the button again does absolutely nothing (it looks as if everything is on again and the button is not responsive).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I used the OBD11 app function so I did not do any long coding, just used credits. But yes, when I hold the button I get no beep and the button becomes completely unresponsive, very weird. I suppose next I should go back to the stock setting and try again. Can someone confirm that ESC Sport/ESC Off V2 works properly for your Mk7.5? Thanks!

That's the one I used in OBD11 too. If system is on, hold for 10 seconds for ESC off. It will say ESC off in the display between the tach and speedo. If you just want dynamic, from an on position, push the button once. It will display Dynamic mode in the display like it does for ESC off. I use off autocrossing and dynamic on track. Dynamic gives more than enough sideways action on track and a little safety buffer against smashing a wall.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I've done the single push = ECS Sport and long push = ECS Off both with the app and long coding with no issue.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the replies guys, I think that confirms something is funny with mine. Appreciate it!

Set it back to stock with OBD11 and try again. Do you have a COBB AP by any chance?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep, I will give that a try and thanks for the help! No AP, only thing on the car not stock is a BMS pedal tuner.

Go back to stock. Make sure can access ARS Off and dynamic. If not, remove pedal tuner and try again.

Diego Scariot

When the button is on, does the traction control function normally? Or is it 100% off all the time?

1584472416647.png

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I have VCDS. I disabled rough road, and coded ECS Sport/ECS OFF, byte 29 89 changing to 86. When I hold the button for ESC OFF, it actually says ESC OFF in amber near where my mileage is at. I have the ECS Dogbone Mount. I can feel a much more solid launch, but I am still getting a little power cut. Also, I have ESC OFF, but what about ASR?

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have VCDS. I disabled rough road, and coded ECS Sport/ECS OFF, byte 29 89 changing to 86. When I hold the button for ECS OFF, it actually says ECS OFF in amber near where my mileage is at. I have the ECS Dogbone Mount. I can feel a much more solid launch, but I am still getting a little power cut. Also, I have ECS OFF, but what about ASR?

What tires are you on? If you're on stockers, RRO will still intervene at silly levels of tire spin. On FK510's and stg 1, I can launch in the dry and not have it intervene. Add water to the road and it will.