GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Well, I'm not entirely sure what it really does just yet, but it damned sure enough showed dramatically in blipping for downshifts.

So, somewhere along the line it's affecting throttle response. It's not direct like a cable at all, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was.
Data or it didn't happen. Placebo. You're just being more aggressive with the throttle because you think it's different.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Let's try to keep this thread on topic guys. There's another thread for the acceleration tweak called something like Direct Acceleration Tweak via Vag-Com

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Data or it didn't happen. Placebo. You're just being more aggressive with the throttle because you think it's different.

I've no stock in believing that worked when it did not. I'm not a GTI or VW enthusiast, and I'm entirely prepared to lose money on the car.

Throttle control/traction management is my best area as a driver. When something changes, I notice. Now that I'm past the break-in period I can push the thing a bit. Found the new limits, as a result.

The behavior of the throttle itself has improved. It's not directly related to the pedal, but it has indeed improved. Why?

I don't know yet, just like I don't know precisely why the alteration in this thread works. For all I know it may have just stopped waiting for some other signal before reacting.

People seem to think they know why the stuff works, but the deeper you dig, the more supposition you find.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
maybe i'm not getting something - does the OP tweak allow full power in first gear/s that is otherwise limited, or does it reduce shaking when the wheels are spinning?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thanks for clarifying!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I've no stock in believing that worked when it did not. I'm not a GTI or VW enthusiast, and I'm entirely prepared to lose money on the car.

Throttle control/traction management is my best area as a driver. When something changes, I notice. Now that I'm past the break-in period I can push the thing a bit. Found the new limits, as a result.

The behavior of the throttle itself has improved. It's not directly related to the pedal, but it has indeed improved. Why?

I don't know yet, just like I don't know precisely why the alteration in this thread works. For all I know it may have just stopped waiting for some other signal before reacting.

People seem to think they know why the stuff works, but the deeper you dig, the more supposition you find.
The name of the adaptation. The live data I have logged/viewed that shows exactly what changes. The control module you are in (steering). Many have done this and felt nothing - how does that work? I'm not trying to be an @ss by any means but I can have my son go drive my car, make these changes back and forth (don't tell him what I'm changing), and have him come back each time and tell me what he feels. I'd put my next invoice on there will be zero correlation. It's easy to see - just log the %accelerator vs. %throttle - I did it/it's posted and there is no meaningful difference/correlation between them if you do the direct/indirect. Now, go get a pedal box/tuner adn do the same - now you'll see a difference.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
You found one thing that was affected. That doesn't necessarily mean that it is the only thing, or even if there are any more. You also have a Sportwagen, so it's not guaranteed to be a direct comparison to a GTI. For all we know, there could be differences in what is affected between the different models. You keep posting the video that you took and claiming that it's totally debunked, but you have a sample size of 1 with multiple variables. That's not what you'd call conclusive by any means.

Again, this thread is supposed to be about the RRO tweak for MK7.5's. If you want to discuss the other tweaks' effectiveness, please take it to the appropriate threads.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I just searched for this setting on my 2017 SE DSG. It was available and I changed it from Enabled to Disabled. I also have had Starting Vibrations disabled for a long time. And have BFI Stage 1 engine and trans mounts with a poly dogbone insert.

My initial impressions are that it feels like it reduces the amount of traction control intervention and allows the Haldex unit to potentially engage more quickly. But that was just a quick butt dyno.

Thinking about logging the Haldex Engagement Percentage vs. time and see if there is any merit to my initial feelings.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You found one thing that was affected. That doesn't necessarily mean that it is the only thing, or even if there are any more. You also have a Sportwagen, so it's not guaranteed to be a direct comparison to a GTI. For all we know, there could be differences in what is affected between the different models. You keep posting the video that you took and claiming that it's totally debunked, but you have a sample size of 1 with multiple variables. That's not what you'd call conclusive by any means.

Again, this thread is supposed to be about the RRO tweak for MK7.5's. If you want to discuss the other tweaks' effectiveness, please take it to the appropriate threads.
You are correct - this isn't the thread for it, there are others so I'll be quiet now.hahaha.

VCDS/OBDEleven changes on the MQB vehicles have shown that we don't see differences e.g. you don't do "windows down with remote" on one vehicle and it impacts a different function on another. Now that being said, some vehicles don't have certain features (such as this one - the driving modes or for example power mirrors with the correct controller that allows you to enable reverse mirror tilt and they return to the correct position) so you can't change them if you don't have them for example. I've done this on my Atlas as well that has drive modes and have seen zero. Look, go log it. I've done my work, now the folks that think this is changing the ratio should go show some data to support their hypothesis - clearly a higher accelerator:throttle ratio between them in a controlled (to the extent you can) experiment. I've been waiting in a few of the threads and have seen zero beyond seat-of-your pants comments that it "feels" better.

cblock406

Ready to race!
I have a traction control question I hope I am not flamed for asking in this thread. I disabled the RR and changed the TC setting to ESC Sport/ ESC Off (I've tried V1 and V2).

When I press the button once, it goes into ESC Sport. When I hold the button, the TC warning light in the dash disappears and the button is completely unresponsive, like it locks me out from changing or turning it off at all. When in Sport, I can go into the infotainment and turn ESC off, but it is still cutting power. Is there something I am missing here?

Hotfart

Ready to race!
I have a traction control question I hope I am not flamed for asking in this thread. I disabled the RR and changed the TC setting to ESC Sport/ ESC Off (I've tried V1 and V2).

When I press the button once, it goes into ESC Sport. When I hold the button, the TC warning light in the dash disappears and the button is completely unresponsive, like it locks me out from changing or turning it off at all. When in Sport, I can go into the infotainment and turn ESC off, but it is still cutting power. Is there something I am missing here?

If I'm reading you right, you're holding the button while it's already in ESC Sport? If so, I don't think that works. You have to hold it for about 3 seconds while ESC is on, then it will chime at you.