GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Well since this isn’t a 100% fix but I can say I am so much happier with this off its a huge improvement at lease you can use power in 1st and not have it kill the power completely this definitely allows you to have way more fun.

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
can someone post a complete list (or link) of all the adaptations that need to be done to get the most out of the mqb platform? ive done most of them to my GOLF R. my girl just got a killer deal on a 2019 SE GTI... gonna have to do it all over again.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
can someone post a complete list (or link) of all the adaptations that need to be done to get the most out of the mqb platform? ive done most of them to my GOLF R. my girl just got a killer deal on a 2019 SE GTI... gonna have to do it all over again.

I'm going to update a thread soon with what I consider to be mandatory for proper function, but that's as far as I'll take that one.

It's a really long thread, but there is plenty to read about how I subjectively interpreted one issue or another in many ways; hopefully the musings help people figure out what they're personally trying to correct.

Not everyone wants to turn it all off, after all, and not everyone should.

I just want to spend a little more time with the settings before I update that original post. I'm sure there's a list somewhere in the meantime.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Soundaktor off, ESC Off, RRO disabled, XDS weak, VAQ increased traction, straight ahead brake stabilization off, and direct acceleration tweak (questionable). Those will get rid of the nannies and the fake exhaust noise

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
I'm going to update a thread soon with what I consider to be mandatory for proper function, but that's as far as I'll take that one.

It's a really long thread, but there is plenty to read about how I subjectively interpreted one issue or another in many ways; hopefully the musings help people figure out what they're personally trying to correct.

Not everyone wants to turn it all off, after all, and not everyone should.

I just want to spend a little more time with the settings before I update that original post. I'm sure there's a list somewhere in the meantime.

i would like to do everything in one shot. steering, brakes, engine settings... seems like most of the information on the net is scattered around. let me know when you update that thread! i just want the meat and potatoes. i'll probalbly get started today and then reference back once the list is updated.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
i would like to do everything in one shot. steering, brakes, engine settings... seems like most of the information on the net is scattered around. let me know when you update that thread! i just want the meat and potatoes. i'll probalbly get started today and then reference back once the list is updated.

Will do. In the meantime, Reggie's post is where you want to be.

My stuff will be more focused on people being able to explore what changes when you alter these things; less about just going faster and more about what's actually going to change in feel.

Every car is fast nowadays, after all.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Will do. In the meantime, Reggie's post is where you want to be.

My stuff will be more focused on people being able to explore what changes when you alter these things; less about just going faster and more about what's actually going to change in feel.

Every car is fast nowadays, after all.

Nice. I've done a lot of this w/r to the "performance" mods because I don't always. believe what folks think they feel/what is changing. I've logged/analyzed the "direct throttle" and "Haldex increased traction" mods.

Last edited:

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
This thread was a big help! Just got my hands on an obdeleven as a result of the great info here. Fist thing I did was deactivate RRO and then code ESC totally off, and that definitely woke the car up (6mt here)!

I also did the direct throttle coding. Didn’t feel much of a difference, but I don’t mind a little placebo effect to make me feel better about my car lol.

One tweak I felt built off the previous coding was the “Audi” throttle mod. Placebo or not, that really felt like added a little more pep to the car. Feels like a mod that goes hand in hand with the Rough Road Optimization and ESC mods.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
This thread was a big help! Just got my hands on an obdeleven as a result of the great info here. Fist thing I did was deactivate RRO and then code ESC totally off, and that definitely woke the car up (6mt here)!

I also did the direct throttle coding. Didn’t feel much of a difference, but I don’t mind a little placebo effect to make me feel better about my car lol.

One tweak I felt built off the previous coding was the “Audi” throttle mod. Placebo or not, that really felt like added a little more pep to the car. Feels like a mod that goes hand in hand with the Rough Road Optimization and ESC mods.

Pay less attention to how the car accelerates. Rather, focus on the control you have over throttle blips for down-shifting.

That's where I find the biggest benefit in the throttle alteration. That slight "ramp up" delay it had went away when I changed that setting. Try driving a bit and setting it back to see what's what.

It's still not a cable, and it's still not natural, but when you want to whip that throttle up quickly, it seems to be much better now.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

You didn't feel much difference b/c the accelerator:throttle ratio isn't what the mod does:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9261103-OBD-Eleven-mod-to-improve-throttle-response/page2
The Audi mod - I think it's certainly plausible that it improves throttle response. It's in the correct module (engine) AND it impacts some vehicle's cruise which could be a sign it's doing something to the throttle. I had a cruise error when I tried it so it was a no-go.

Audi_throttle_mod.JPG

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
You didn't feel much difference b/c the accelerator:throttle ratio isn't what the mod does:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9261103-OBD-Eleven-mod-to-improve-throttle-response/page2
The Audi mod - I think it's certainly plausible that it improves throttle response. It's in the correct module (engine) AND it impacts some vehicle's cruise which could be a sign it's doing something to the throttle. I had a cruise error when I tried it so it was a no-go.

View attachment 167399
Cruise control stopped working for me on my 19 when I did the mod had to go back to vw

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
Yeah, the Audi mod killed my cruise control and gave me an engine and abs or steering wheel fault on my 18 gti.

That said, I rather enjoy the throttle response and it’s easy enough to code everything back into shape lol.

tigeo, I wanted to say thank you for your comprehensive google doc and sheets. That definitely helped me out!

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion

View attachment 167399

Well, I'm not entirely sure what it really does just yet, but it damned sure enough showed dramatically in blipping for downshifts.

So, somewhere along the line it's affecting throttle response. It's not direct like a cable at all, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was.