GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Are you pressing and holding the button in the car to turn it off while driving after making the tweak?

People don't do that, you're misunderstanding what it's used for. Don't disable the XDS, it helps the car to corner better by braking an inside wheel or two to increase the rotational speed.

I agree that's what it does, but owning and tracking both a 2018 S and a 2019, I can tell you that XDS absolutely cooks the front brakes, wheel bearings, wheels, tires on a car without VAQ on track. Sure the car turned in better, but you'll seriously damage your car tracking longterm with it on. I 100% agree with you on the street. For VAQ equipped cars, the theory is that it helps load the diff and XDS doesn't seem to heat up the front brakes on the VAQ equipped car.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Completely agree with you. My previous car was a 16 GTI S without the VAQ or PP and spent plenty of time on the street driving like I was on a track. The RS3 brake ducts helped, but you could absolutely tell that the braking system was struggling to pull double duty and act as a pseudo-diff. I haven't noticed the same things on my 19 SE with VAQ. I'd say that the theory is fairly accurate, since the VAQ does its job very well and the XDS is just supplementary at that point.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
If you're pressing and holding the ESC button and it's not turning off, then you have a coding problem somewhere. After holding for about 3-5 seconds, you should hear a chime and see a notice on the MFD about ESC being off. Then you should be able to see a small icon in the bottom right of the MFD that says ESC off.

I'd double check the coding that you applied to see if it's correct. Also double check that SVR/RRO is disabled.

Diego Scariot

If you're pressing and holding the ESC button and it's not turning off, then you have a coding problem somewhere. After holding for about 3-5 seconds, you should hear a chime and see a notice on the MFD about ESC being off. Then you should be able to see a small icon in the bottom right of the MFD that says ESC off.

I'd double check the coding that you applied to see if it's correct. Also double check that SVR/RRO is disabled.
Yeah, i press and hold, i see the ESC OFF icon on the panel, but the traction control is still intervening.

I changed the long coding (byte 29) for this list:
ABS > 07 Codificação>
byte 29 é 09 e estas são as opções possíveis:

81 ESC ON
82 ESC ON / ASR OFF
83 ESC ON / ESC SPORT
84 ESC ON / ESC OFF
85 ESC ON / ASR OFF / ESC OFF
86 ESC ON / ESC SPORT / ESC OFF
87 ESC ON / ASR OFF / ESC OFF
88 ESC ON / ESC SPORT / ESC OFF
89 ESC ON / ASR OFF / ESC SPORT

I've tried 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 and all of them didn't get off or even work on weak.

Diego Scariot

Maybe byte 29 hex 07 would work? Or trying to turn off the ENGINE DRAG TORQUE CONTROL? I need the security code for this option.

Attachments

• 887423A1-FEDE-4937-AEAF-6B8C7BCAF34B.jpeg
    887423A1-FEDE-4937-AEAF-6B8C7BCAF34B.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 116
  • CA59D3A0-26DF-479E-8B00-7CA03953CB1E.jpeg
    CA59D3A0-26DF-479E-8B00-7CA03953CB1E.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 124

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Model and year of your car?

Also, the Engine drag torque control governs the engine braking when decelerating and not applying any throttle. It doesn't have anything to do with the traction control systems

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Model and year of your car?

Also, the Engine drag torque control governs the engine braking when decelerating and not applying any throttle. It doesn't have anything to do with the traction control systems
What do you notice with Engine drag control off? Is the car engine braking more?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Interesting that your 19 still has the 6spd DSG. Possibly due to it being a ROW model? Not sure on that though.

My mistake on the Engine Drag thing, that's a good find and it's good to know what that system does. Given that it works on deceleration, I wouldn't think that it would effect anything during acceleration. Could be though, but it doesn't seem like it would.

Have you checked to see if you have both SVR and RRO? There was someone earlier in the thread that has both.

Diego Scariot

Interesting that your 19 still has the 6spd DSG. Possibly due to it being a ROW model? Not sure on that though.

My mistake on the Engine Drag thing, that's a good find and it's good to know what that system does. Given that it works on deceleration, I wouldn't think that it would effect anything during acceleration. Could be though, but it doesn't seem like it would.

Have you checked to see if you have both SVR and RRO? There was someone earlier in the thread that has both.
Brazilian GTI’s are all 6speed DSG...
The RRO is not active already. What is the SVR? Where I find this function?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Same place as the RRO. SVR is what the pre-facelift cars have, and according to a couple of posts in this thread some of the 18's have both.