GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You sure that RRO is intervening and it's not a bit of wheel hop that you're getting?

100% sure on mine. But with decent tires, it's only in heavy rain. I can live with that. The traction control light on the dash will go nuts and it pulls power if too much wheels spin, even absent hop. I'm also 6MT, so maybe there's a difference?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
These cars are intolerably confusing, at times.

Yes, but when you get them right, they're just fantastic. I've got mine almost to that point. I'm really happy about how it's shaping up.

Diego Scariot

I have disabled both options and it’s still intervening.

Attachments

• 01BC9BFD-0485-4AD1-BADB-388F4F9CFF3B.jpeg
    01BC9BFD-0485-4AD1-BADB-388F4F9CFF3B.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 204
  • DB66AA5D-9592-4339-981D-6CE32F25D326.jpeg
    DB66AA5D-9592-4339-981D-6CE32F25D326.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 151

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Electronic Differential Lock the name for XDS in VAG-COM given that it's in the ABS module? If so, I'm not sure why you'd want to disable that. Turning it to weak, sure, but disabling it wouldn't really help anything. XDS has nothing to do with SVR or RRO.

Turn XDS to weak, enable ESC Off, disable SVR/RRO, and change the VAQ setting to increased traction. Make sure to turn ESC off when you get in the car and test things out after those tweaks. That should clear up your problem.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes - Electronic Differential Lock = XDS - applies brakes to inner wheel to help prevent spin while turning. Fact is, folks have no clue what most of this stuff actually does w/r to what they are trying to prevent.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
Yes - Electronic Differential Lock = XDS - applies brakes to inner wheel to help prevent spin while turning.

I'm ignorant about a lot of things. XDS doesn't really affect cutting power off the line as per RRO, correct? In my limited understanding, are XDS settings more of a "poor man's LSD" on cars without LSD from the factory? Off topic I know, but curious.

Last edited:

Diego Scariot

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Electronic Differential Lock the name for XDS in VAG-COM given that it's in the ABS module? If so, I'm not sure why you'd want to disable that. Turning it to weak, sure, but disabling it wouldn't really help anything. XDS has nothing to do with SVR or RRO.

Turn XDS to weak, enable ESC Off, disable SVR/RRO, and change the VAQ setting to increased traction. Make sure to turn ESC off when you get in the car and test things out after those tweaks. That should clear up your problem.
I did not try the eletronic differential lock on weak, I put it in not available, as people do.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm ignorant about a lot of things. XDS doesn't really affect cutting power off the line as per RRO, correct? In my limited understanding, are XDS settings more of a "poor man's LSD" on cars without LSD from the factory? Off topic I know, but curious.
Correct! It's not cutting power, it's just applying the brakes to the front (XDS) or front and rear (XDS+) to help with hard cornering.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Yeah, I have tried to change the bite 29 for 05,06,89,88,87,86... and all of them keep intervening
Are you pressing and holding the button in the car to turn it off while driving after making the tweak?

I did not try the eletronic differential lock on weak, I put it in not available, as people do.
People don't do that, you're misunderstanding what it's used for. Don't disable the XDS, it helps the car to corner better by braking an inside wheel or two to increase the rotational speed.