GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May have found the replacement for starting vibration reduction on the MK7.5

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
Does this tweak work? Im literally fed up with wheel whop. I have done the full disable of esp and set XDS interaction to strong (maybe should be off?), and it still hops like hell.
I just want to plant it at lights, get some wheel spin and go like stink.
if this works ill be over the moon!

EDIT: just looked for this option and its no where to be found

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Does this tweak work? Im literally fed up with wheel whop. I have done the full disable of esp and set XDS interaction to strong (maybe should be off?), and it still hops like hell.

Replace your dogbone bushing. Wheel hop goes away immediately. Welcome the vibrations.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
yes.. the software settings wont do crap for real wheel hop.. i hate vibrations.. but i still run the full dog bone insert.. cuz my 350hp is useless without it in there... very rare that i hop now, maybe once in a while in the pouring rain under full throttle. otherwise, it just spins and is awesome.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
what vibrations?

Does that work? and can you recommend a part?
The wheel hop is a function of softness in the suspension causing a wheel to "hop" when it loses traction and the two sides of the car unevenly tug at the front end. If you turn off starting vibration reduction and similar it doesn't solve wheel hop, but instead just let's you have more vibration and more torque where you don't need it (in the first 6mph).

Some people do the inserts, but ime the inserts bend and then cause a ton of driveline vibration. The full bushing replacement, otherwise known as a "puck", is a hockey puck sized and shaped bushing that replaces the factory rubber. I use the hpa one. No wheel hop, ever. There is certainly an nvh increase and the vibrations resulting can easily be felt. Their bushing is like 75 or 80$. I like it

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
yes.. the software settings wont do crap for real wheel hop.. i hate vibrations.. but i still run the full dog bone insert.. cuz my 350hp is useless without it in there... very rare that i hop now, maybe once in a while in the pouring rain under full throttle. otherwise, it just spins and is awesome.
oh mummy.... wheels spins!? id love some of that!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Dog bone insert stops wheel hop.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Dog bone insert stops wheel hop.
It's not always enough. Even with 4Motion, I needed install both engine and trans mounts to stop wheelhop.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's not always enough. Even with 4Motion, I needed install both engine and trans mounts to stop wheelhop.

In my PP GTI, dog bone and TCS off solved my wheel hop. Your mileage may vary.