GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May 2020 GTI Incentives

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Updated for May: MY20 Dealer Cash is $750, down from $1000, lease rates updated. Payment Waiver program changed from 180 days to 120

VW Credit is offering 120 days to 1st payment on all finance contracts (Special APR or standard) for buyers w/ Tier 1-2 credit. Please not that this will not affect the total number of payments or the total amount owed.

2019 GTI:
Dealer cash (Bank financing, VCI standard, cash purchases): $3750
OR
VCI Special APR: 0.0%/72mo, 0.5%/75mo, $1750 VCI Dealer Bonus
Dealer's Choice: Special APR +2% (all terms), $2750 VCI dealer bonus
36mo Lease: .00001/ 45% RV $200 Lease Cash (all leases)
48mo Lease: .00051/ 38% RV

2020 GTI:
Dealer cash (Bank financing, VCI standard, cash purchases): $750
OR

VCI Special APR: 0%/72mo, 0.5%/75mo, no finance cash.
Dealer's Choice: 1.9%/72mo, 2.4%/75mo, $1000 dealer bonus
36/39mo Lease: .00071/ 51/49% RV
48mo Lease: .00121/ 44% RV

Last edited:

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
for perspective, you can save as much as $4777.00 in interest charges over the life of a 72 month loan vs. a 4.99% loan. ($30K loan amount)

Get them while you can....

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
The finance rates apply to ALL 2019 and 2020 Vdubs including the R.

Correct, 2019 Golf R has special APR available, but no cash incentives besides the Auto Show certificate, except there haven't been any auto shows this year...

backfire103

I have to assume because I haven't seen anyone mention it online but they don't offer any type of loyalty rebate do they? I never mentioned to either of the dealers I'm working with that I also own a '17 beetle, but I'm trading a Hyundai.

ubersoph

Thanks for posting this Shane!

Sorry to ask but I want to make sure I'm not derping on my understanding on the 2019: If I don't take any special APR then the dealer incentive is 3750, if I do then its 1750, if I offer to take 2% over incentive financing then its 2750. Is that right?

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
It's really a shame VW took the fender system out of the SE otherwise I might be getting into a new one right now. Local dealer is offering them for 26.5k currently.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Sorry to ask but I want to make sure I'm not derping on my understanding on the 2019: If I don't take any special APR then the dealer incentive is 3750, if I do then its 1750, if I offer to take 2% over incentive financing then its 2750. Is that right?

Correct. Assuming Dealer Choice program is offered to you, you may find the monthly payments are roughly the same vs special APR. I think someone did the math on it and arrived at that conclusion, but I could be mistaken. the 0% financing and 90 day payment delay are always enticing, but if you can get a low enough rate from a 3rd-party lender, that may end being the smarter move, if the dealer is willing to throw all $3750 into the deal, which they almost certainly will be. I had good luck with Lending Tree on a used car loan a few years back; I ended up financing through a company that I'd never heard of called up2drive.com, which looks rather sketchy but is actually just a brand name for loans loans issued by BMW Bank, for used cars sold by non-BMW/Mini dealers.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Technically, they do not want you to combine the offers, but that is def happening. If you can qualify for 0% you can qualify for a low rate at ANY lending institution, so if the dealer is willing to offer roughly 2k more in discount for NOT using 0% and you buy using a low int. loan from a third party its close to a wash, and that assumes you take the loan to term.

All said, I would look for biggest discount WITH 0%, we are giving chit away IMO

backfire103

Technically, they do not want you to combine the offers, but that is def happening. If you can qualify for 0% you can qualify for a low rate at ANY lending institution, so if the dealer is willing to offer roughly 2k more in discount for NOT using 0% and you buy using a low int. loan from a third party its close to a wash, and that assumes you take the loan to term.

All said, I would look for biggest discount WITH 0%, we are giving chit away IMO

I've run into this same issue. I've been dealing with a few local dealers and I think under every circumstance I've come out ahead taking the $2k and bringing my own financing. My biggest issue is trade.I have a dealer offering me $1500 less than what carvana will give me for my trade and only discounting the car by $4k. Car books for trade at $13,500 they've offered $12,000.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I've run into this same issue. I've been dealing with a few local dealers and I think under every circumstance I've come out ahead taking the $2k and bringing my own financing. My biggest issue is trade.I have a dealer offering me $1500 less than what carvana will give me for my trade and only discounting the car by $4k. Car books for trade at $13,500 they've offered $12,000.

Thats 2500 off on an R, I have seen worse deals. What are you trading? Its expensive to recon a used car, is it ready for resale as is or are there outstanding service and repairs? Tires? etc...?

backfire103

It's a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport. No issues with it at all. 28k on the clock. KBB shows 13,500-14500 on trade. Carvana offers 13.5 for it. I'm looking at trading it on an Autobahn with the manual. My bank can do 2.94 at 72 mo, but with the 0% deal factored into the quote they're at $4k off the car and 12K on the trade. I have a fair amount of equity in the trade and will be putting money down so I'm not financing the whole shot.