GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maxton Spoiler Installed

ogrisker

Ready to race!
Just installed this. Took me a little bit (like 30 min) because I wanted to make sure it was centered. Love the looks. very subtle. I got the gloss black one....the gap is even all around just looks a little off in the reflection. Got it on sale for like $150
IMG_0831.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I have not used ceramic coating much until recently.
Not very hard. Just prep the surface.
With your new spoiler just wipe using a micro fiber cloth and denatured alcohol.
Can find this in paint section at Walmart. Removes and oil and wax or detail products.

I use CSL - Crystal Serum Light
A forgiving coating to apply.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Looks good. I too run a lot of Maxton Designs stuff on my cars. They usually fit well and very durable.

There was one wing that fit like crap and tossed.. it was a bigger piece than the one you have that ran farther to the edges of the roof spoiler, however, like 1/4" short. It looked like the new Supra's front splitter from the side where you can see the body color. I did not like it on my white Golf-R and got the Aerofabb afterwards.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Looks good. I too run a lot of Maxton Designs stuff on my cars. They usually fit well and very durable.

There was one wing that fit like crap and tossed.. it was a bigger piece than the one you have that ran farther to the edges of the roof spoiler, however, like 1/4" short. It looked like the new Supra's front splitter from the side where you can see the body color. I did not like it on my white Golf-R and got the Aerofabb afterwards.

I think i had that Maxton wing.. it didnt quite reach the ends where it should have..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I tossed it in the trash and got the AeroFabb (sp?) gurney flap. I was more upset it took a while to remove the adhesive.
Bro... that Maxton adhesive was almost impossible to get off... I wish the aerofabb wasn’t quite so tall over the oem lines.