GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Max summer/200TW tire discussion - fun data inside

scrllock

Autocross Champion
personally I just can't stand the soft conti sidewalls.

You won't destroy a set of PS4S with 10k miles of city driving. 1,000 miles of over-driving tail of the dragon on stock camber, sure.

If you're driving hard enough to wear out PS4S in 13k, none of the other tires mentioned are going to last 10k.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
personally I just can't stand the soft conti sidewalls.

You won't destroy a set of PS4S with 10k miles of city driving. 1,000 miles of over-driving tail of the dragon on stock camber, sure.

If you're driving hard enough to wear out PS4S in 13k, none of the other tires mentioned are going to last 10k.
Yep. A PS4S/ESC should be more than enough tire to have a great time on those roads. Hell, I had fun on PS4 all seasons on the BoTD here in VA. Did ToTD a bunch on the ECSs without issue. I can't imagine that destroying a set of high perf. tires like this?

Last edited:

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Yep. A PS4S/ESC should be more than enough tire to have a great time on those roads. Hell, I had fun on PS4 all seasons on the BoTD here in VA. Did ToTD a bunch on the ECSs without issue. I can't imagine that destroying a set of high perf. tires like this?

It's usually alignment related. A bad alignment will kill a set a tires super quick. I had a toe adjuster bolt slip so I had over a 1/2" of toe, and it corded the tires in under 2,000 miles.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
If rainy days are in the daily driving picture I’d go RT 660 over V730.

My son has taken a set of RT660 down to their wear bars (fronts) in roughly 6 months of daily driving after only one track day and a handful of autox.

I still use old school Pirelli PZero (220tw) for most of my daily driving- they can actually handle HPDE daily decently and autox- just don’t expect to turn the fastest times with them.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Spent a long weekend on TotD with PS4S. Rained one day and everyone else on track tires was slow AF. Guys I was with were chewing up tires, but that's what stock camber will do on a road like that.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
since your on the subject I got a like new set for sell....

IMG_0382.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg
IMG_0375.jpeg

Spade

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
BS. That's the difference between GS and AS.

People always want to blame the tires, or the car, or whatever. If you're 2 seconds off, it's YOU. The end.

Look at any SSC car with a good driver. We took the same car, 2 drivers and swapped tires back and forth on practice day (generally 33 second course). Lowest gap was 0.9 but we could barely feel it.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
I saw these the week you posted them in the classifieds. I want them! But shipping will ruin the cost/benefit since I’m in central TX and your over in Cali.

For some reason, all the good, gently used wheels and tires are being sold out of your state. 🤦‍♂️

Those PSC2s would be perfect for how I drive.

of course Cali started car culture........