GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mass inspections exhaust question

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
correct about failing. but a disabled monitor is an immediate flag.
Yeah but luckily eqt doesn't disable them. But that is true

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
Bringing this one back to life.

So running an EQT stage 2 tune with a turbo-back exhaust (no DP spacer) and no CEL will pass a MA inspection (depending on the station)? Or is a spacer necessary? Looking at an ARM DP, and just want to be sure before taking the plunge. TIA!!

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

So running an EQT stage 2 tune with a turbo-back exhaust (no DP spacer) and no CEL will pass a MA inspection (depending on the station)? Or is a spacer necessary? Looking at an ARM DP, and just want to be sure before taking the plunge. TIA!!

Nobody can say with that info. Scan your car, see if it have any codes that don't trigger the CEL, and check the monitor readiness. You're allowed one to be "not ready".

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

You're running a stage 2 tune on a stock downpipe?

I'll assume you've got an accessport since you have an EQT. Check the readiness on your AP. If your monitors are set to ready you're good to go, if they're not you might need to flash back to stock and drive around a bit for the monitors to read ready again.

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
You're running a stage 2 tune on a stock downpipe?

I'll assume you've got an accessport since you have an EQT. Check the readiness on your AP. If your monitors are set to ready you're good to go, if they're not you might need to flash back to stock and drive around a bit for the monitors to read ready again.
Thanks for the replies. I do have an Accessport.

I'm still stage 1, thinking about going stage 2 here in MA. Haven't done the downpipe yet due to the worries about passing inspection. But I think I get it now w/the "readiness" and stuff.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I'm still stage 1, thinking about going stage 2 here in MA. Haven't done the downpipe yet due to the worries about passing inspection. But I think I get it now w/the "readiness" and stuff.

Honestly, unless you want the sound of the aftermarket downpipe, I'd suggest just staying stage 1. The power bump from stage 1 to stage 2 is much less impactful than stock to stage 1, and in a state with strict\semi-strict emissions rules, the power alone isn't worth the headache, in my opinion.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

I'll let you know how my inspection goes in the spring. Neuspeed downpipe stage 2 EQT.

Honestly, unless you want the sound of the aftermarket downpipe, I'd suggest just staying stage 1. The power bump from stage 1 to stage 2 is much less impactful than stock to stage 1, and in a state with strict\semi-strict emissions rules, the power alone isn't worth the headache, in my opinion.
^This.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze between stage 1 and 2. Stage 2 just brings more headaches for a tiny bit more power. I started with stage 2 since I plan to go big turbo so I need the downpipe anyways.