GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mass inspections exhaust question

Nerdy. Oreo

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
If I have a catted downpipe and an awe track exhaust with no mufflers would I fail mass inspections? (my CEL is not on and my dp has the O2 spacer so my dp won't be the issue). It's. More a question about the catback exhaust. Will they fail me for not having a muffler?

OldnSlow

Car(s)
2015 GTI S 2-Door
When I had my POS Toyota in the early 2000s, there was no issue with the aftermarket exhaust. The state's looking for the downstream/post-cat O2 sensor to be "Ready," which is the only exhaust thing I can think of MA looking at.

Nerdy. Oreo

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

OldnSlow

Car(s)
2015 GTI S 2-Door
This is very good news. I have a 42dd spacer around somewhere that I never used. I've seen differing opinions on how to orient the spacer's dogleg (pointed up or down). Any sense if this actually makes a difference?

Nerdy. Oreo

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
from cranston which station did you go to for your inspection? i am stage 2 inspection due next month
Are you needing ri or mass inspections? I know your in cranston rn but yeah. As long as you're not throwing codes you should be fine tbh. If you have a cat and have the readiness monitors are all set you should be fine

Nerdy. Oreo

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Ho
This is very good news. I have a 42dd spacer around somewhere that I never used. I've seen differing opinions on how to orient the spacer's dogleg (pointed up or down). Any sense if this actually makes a difference?
Honestly however it screws in is how I did it 🤣

Last edited:

BrianB1993

Car(s)
2018 MK7.5 6MT
Also looking for location, im around the Boston area.. i used to take my EVO to lawrence or woburn has no issues.. but now my mk7.5 has a catted DP and MBRP cat back with no mufflers so very loud lmaooo need a good spot to get my inspection done by april!!

Nerdy. Oreo

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
https://g.co/kgs/HGEKj5
Also looking for location, im around the Boston area.. i used to take my EVO to lawrence or woburn has no issues.. but now my mk7.5 has a catted DP and MBRP cat back with no mufflers so very loud lmaooo need a good spot to get my inspection done by april!!