GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Map Switching / Flex Fuel

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Hello gang, wanted to share some recent developments from the DIY tuning community.

Map Switching and Flex Fuel custom logic patch, currently for only a few box codes in the 2015-2018 model years, but looking to expand soon. A small group of us have been collaborating to make this a reality @Switchleg @Exley @Diggs24 @CP4334 @jc1 . Most of this is follow-on effort from the Simos Tools android app for datalogging/flashing. Also can't thank @bri3d enough for getting all of this going originally, with the release of VW_Flash and creating the original firmware for the flashing dongle that we use.

Anyways, here's a basic rundown of what all it can do (more to come):
  • 5 Map slots controlled via cruise control buttons
  • Flex Fuel logic works alongside map switching if desired
  • MIL/CEL flash on knock detection (threshold/limit configurable)
  • Tables/logic that can be adjusted per map slot
    • Torque request
    • Lambda setpoint
    • Spark modifier
    • PUT setpoint
    • Max MAP setpoint
    • POPS N BANGS enable/disable
  • All of the same logic can be applied automatically via flex fuel, in addition to being able to tweak the DI/MPI split ratio
  • Coming soon
    • Max rpm
    • Max speed
    • Launch control, no lift shift, rolling anti-lag
    • ????
Here's a lame video and a screenshot to some of the tables.

1651722755309.png

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
He's out of town right now. Will get him set up when he's back and ready

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Map5 pulling out 5psi and 5 degrees of timing (also tried some lambda manipulation but it was so miniscule and my fueling control isn't great enough to see it working). Ignore the knock, it does that every first pull after a flash. The knock CEL blink went off but I wasn't recording, sorry. I'll try and catch a vid of it sometime.

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1651771353?log=0&data=10-16-31-32-80-81

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
You see I got "interpolate X" selected in my tunerbro screenshot? So you know it's smooth.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Love reading about all the advances you guys are making. Wish the a0s were back in stock. Hopefully Switch has some clones for sale soon.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I am making them as fast as possible and shipping every second day. Should have some available Saturday, send me a message.
I also PMed you.

Looking everywhere for a0s...

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie