GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maodys Golf VII R

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
The day I got the car delivered and took it home, April 1st 2014. O. K. then, guys, nothing very spectacular to show yet.

Configuration:

Golf VII R
DSG
Lapiz Blue
4 doors
18''
Composition Media
Navigation Discover Media
Mobilephone-Interface "Comfort"
Package "light & sight"
Windows darkened 65%
Driving profile selection
Cruisecontrol

Three very bad mobile pics (****ty light conditions there as well) taken while hand-over, I really apologize for the bad quality:

And four more pictures taken after having arrived at home, also taken with the mobile but slightly better quality:

Still boring and OEM then...

Cheers
Markus

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
First 'modification' was made April 9th 2014. Matte black OZ Ultraleggeras in 8 x 18 ET45 and a set of Conti ForceContact in 235/40/18 was mounted. No time for washing the car before taking the pic. ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Second modification was made 12th of April 2014. The IS-Racing BBK which I drove on the MK VI .:R before (8 pot, 356 mm) ws mounted on the MK VII .:R. A new pair of PFC rotors and a new set of Endless MX72 pads are added. As well as Stainless (Steelflex) lines and ATE Blue Racing Fluid (DOT 5.1) of course. Some pictures here:

Later then I was in a car wash, so I can repost some pics ;):

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Third modification took place 15th of August 2014, the Bilstein Clubsport Coilover Kit was mounted yesterday. :cool:

Some sh.... mobile-phone-pics I have to show, taken in the garage while the guys from Bilstein were working on it:

And two more pics out of the parking garage of my office, sh... quality as well, dark it was,. but you see the new ride height...

Pressure range/rebound range adjusted 5/5 clicks (medium) all around. 2° 20' neg. Camber in front, 2° 0' neg. rear. Height 325 mm all around

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Winter setup done 2nd of Vovember 2014

OEM 18'' Cadiz wheels with Dunlop Winter Sport 4D 225/40/18 mounted, Bilstein CS Coilover Kit adjusted 15 mm higher (btw., this is max.!) and spring rates/damping rates set down to click 1 (softest adjustment possible).
A few sh... mobile pics I have, taken in twilight conditions with slight drizzling rain:

And then, last Friday it was time to change rotors and pads as well.
Rotors had some heat fissures (see pics). Not alarming cause they did not go through the whole rotor.
Rotors (PFC 356 x 34) lasted around 25 K Km and around 140 laps on the Ring. Pads (PFC 01) lasted 20 K Km and 90 laps on the Ring. The outside ones still had some material but the inner ones were at - 0,5 % ;).

Old -> new

Actually I wanted to change after the winter but this was just a dream... :)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Finally summer mode again since today: lightweight OZs mounted instead of the heavy-as-lead Cadiz and a brandnew set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 in 235/40/18. I'm ready! :cool:

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Think the new ones (which have no lap yet) will last as long as the last ones. Both are the same PFC rotors. Very high quality, used by several race teams in endurance sport. To compare it to the OEM rotors: the stock rotors did not last 20 laps on Nordschleife at all, the first set of PFC rotors lasted around 120 laps.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Today my friends was the day for opening the NoS-season 2015. Only the second day this year the Ring was opened for tourist driving and I was not able to hold myself back from going there. Not the perfect conditions for my setup with the MPSC2 semi-slicks (4° C in the morning, 5,5° C on midday and wet) but I didn't care. Owning a season ticket makes laps cheap so that you don't have to trhink about wasting 27 € (what is the price for one lap regularly) for a slow lap in the cold & wet. But what should I say, on midday the track became more and more dry so I could do 2 laps in the end with dry ideal line (6 laps in total). These two laps I like to show you vids of. First one is the last of the day and the fastest of the day as well. Getting an 8:10 in the end what is only 1 second away from my Personal Best. I'm astonished, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqLDbyRGHY&feature=youtu.be

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for sharing =)
Awesome..

Was the M3 going to let you past?

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Paddle extensions for the VII .:R are in the market, finally!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/131467417592?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Ordered mine today. Curious about the quality, will tell you after they are delivered and mounted. :)
Second look into the offer: these paddles fit to all Golf VII EXCEPT the .:R. :( Didn't see that on first glimpse...

Thanks for sharing =)
Awesome..

Was the M3 going to let you past?
You're welcome. Thanks as well.

I think the M3 would have let me pass (I came nearer and nearer) if the lap wasn't at the end. But it was. :) So we drove side by side while slowing down, showed the thumb up to each other and drove to the parking lot together.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Another day of afterwork driving on NoS today. Open was the very rare VLN layout, a combination of the Nürburgring GP course (short cut) and the Nordschleife. 4 ° C, light snowfall from time to time but perfectly dry conditions on track (dryed by the members of a track day over the day). A few vids I brought with me:

1. Me chasing a 997 GT3 for the entire lap. At least I could have gone a bit faster, but it was fun anyway. So I followed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx9wFnP3t18&feature=youtu.be

2. The same GT3 chasing me (trying to) for the entire lap. In the end I had an advantage of aropund 10 seconds (this my new PB lap)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDBPNlihqF0&feature=youtu.be

Have fun!