GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

Meeting @tom.schuetze | VW Golf 7.5 GTi TCR | Nordschleife [BtG] 14 05 2022 Tourist Driving​

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
More footage from last Saturday. Typical Tourist Driving... ;)
TF Chaos | 2 long Yellow Zones (cutted) | 28 Overtakes | Traffic like Autobahn A1 | Lots of nice Cars | Fast Caterham :cool:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
We arrive on next Wednesday the 8th June and have TF instruction booked on Thursday 9th June. We leave Sunday 12th June in the morning.
Any chance you will be about while we are there? It would be great to meet up!

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
We arrive on next Wednesday the 8th June and have TF instruction booked on Thursday 9th June. We leave Sunday 12th June in the morning.
Any chance you will be about while we are there? It would be great to meet up!
I can't say that today but I saved the date(s). ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
What I can say today is, the only day when I have a chance to come up to The Ring is Saturday 11th. And I'm planning so. ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Nothing too special here | Some Tourist Traffic | Yellow Lights here and there | Chasing a Turbo S | Chilling in the End... 😉

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
What I can say today is, the only day when I have a chance to come up to The Ring is Saturday 11th. And I'm planning so. ;)
THATS PERFECT!
I know you have a red TCR so. I'll keep an eye out for you Marcus.
I'll be the most English German looking guy you'll find there (very tall and blonde) in a black 3 door 7R with Neuspeed RSe10 wheels and blue TTS callipers.
I'm gonna be with a with buddies who have a white 3 door 7R with a Tarox red BBK and a grey 5 door 7R with Revo wheels and black TTS callipers.
Hopefully we will find each other.
I'll keep an eye on the forum to just in case there's a message here

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
If you want the perfect match between all day drivability and track use => Bilstein Clubsport
If you want an all day driver which can be used for a few laps on track a year => None of them :LOL: (I'd suppose KW DDC)
If you want a tracktool that can be used for a few Kms all day a year => KW Clubsport 3-way

In words: the Bilstein CS is much more comfortable than the KW CS (3-way more comfortable than 2-way). Bilstein CS is a coil kit that works very good in all day driving (even the Misses didn't argue ;)) and gives you a bit more track ability than usual coil kits ("no-CSs"). But it's not that much. Concerning track ability the KW is much better (3-way near to perfection) but you have to live with a car that is no all day driver any longer. Even the Kms to the racetrack done on the own axle are no real fun.

In the end: that's just my feelings. I know, especially concerning hardness/softness of coil kits there are lots of different individual feelings. And even a KW CS can be alligned a bit like "soft". But then the track ability suffers and the all day characteristics aren't really good yet.

Hey MaOdy, I noticed that the roads near Nürburg are insanely smooth. So you're saying even these beautiful German roads are no good with any of these Coilovers? If that is the case, our American / California roads will be a complete disaster with any of the Coilovers it seems.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
I'd mention again that I am 50+ aged... ;)
And the roads were mostly renewed in the last months.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Hey MaOdy, I noticed that the roads near Nürburg are insanely smooth. So you're saying even these beautiful German roads are no good with any of these Coilovers? If that is the case, our American / California roads will be a complete disaster with any of the Coilovers it seems.
I daily drive my KW Clubsport 2-way here in the East Bay, theres another guy in Gilroy who got the same setup after seeing my setup if your unsure I can take you for a drive